Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would guess the pedal position sensor relays to the throttle...Wiring and sensors are now in play as to the problems cause in my honest opinion
You hit the nail on the head!! This happened to me the first year I had my 2006. When I took it in for service I was told the pedal position sensor (pair?) was the problem. It hasn't happened again since!!:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently read an article on On-Star's new anti-theft device built-in to the car itself.

Part of the article described what would happen when someone reported a stolen car to On-Star; the DIC would report "Reduced Engine Power" and would slow the car down until the police arrived...

I'm sure that this code is used to report many errors, but does anyone think it could be a fault with the 08's and the anti-theft from On-Star? I've read quite a few posts regarding this code-

-J

·
5,641 Posts
BigJrocksit said:
I recently read an article on On-Star's new anti-theft device built-in to the car itself.

Part of the article described what would happen when someone reported a stolen car to On-Star; the DIC would report "Reduced Engine Power" and would slow the car down until the police arrived...

I'm sure that this code is used to report many errors, but does anyone think it could be a fault with the 08's and the anti-theft from On-Star? I've read quite a few posts regarding this code-

Stolen Vehicle Slowdown, will not be introduced until the 2009 model year on certain OnStar equipped vehicles.

·
5,641 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Stolen Vehicle Slowdown, will not be introduced until the 2009 model year on certain OnStar equipped vehicles.
Stolen Vehicle Slowdown will be released in late 2008 on select 2009 models.

The 2009 model year availability list doesn't include the Solstice (or Sky or any Pontiac models).

·
Registered
2 Posts
My two cents from the beautiful year of 2018. I have 2006 Solstice, 16 000 miles and manual transmission. A week ago the same symptoms (Check engine and Reduced engine power lights with significant loss of power) appeared. After diagnostics my mechanic said this is a throttle body and suggested to replace it. And you know what? Now I would agree to do this, despite it was a bit pricey, without any signs of a problem. I feel that the power increased like 30-50% comparing to the moment when I bought this car ten months ago.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts