Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was driving down the expressway yesterday and all of the sudden I felt a dramatic loss of power. I shifted to neutral and pulled over to the shoulder. The service engine soon and reduced power light illuminated. I popped the hood, restarted the engine, and only the service engine soon light was on now. I drove slowly to the nearest GM dealership and dropped it off since I have an extended warranty.

Anyone have any ideas of what this could be?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hey guys, I was driving down the expressway yesterday and all of the sudden I felt a dramatic loss of power. I shifted to neutral and pulled over to the shoulder. The service engine soon and reduced power light illuminated. I popped the hood, restarted the engine, and only the service engine soon light was on now. I drove slowly to the nearest GM dealership and dropped it off since I have an extended warranty.

Anyone have any ideas of what this could be?
Sorry to hear about the car troubles. Please keep us posted on the status. I hope this repaired quickly and that all is well considering. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out the throttle body just needed cleaning. Prior to me owning it the previous owner only drove it as a weekend car and probably didn't get the throttle body cleaned on a yearly basis.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
same problem just happened again. i sprayed cleaner on the MAF and it cleared the light. then again, same problem happened two days later and then the light went off without any repair. i think i have a bad sensor somewhere...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts