Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Chance of a Lifetime, Hilton Head Solstice Celebration
(Price Reduced, open to owners & potential owners!!! - Read here for more info)

If you’re not already driving your new 2006 Pontiac Solstice, you will be soon and we want to celebrate with you! Pontiac, General Motors and the Solstice Team would like to invite you to a very special celebration by the sea:

This unique opportunity is limited to only 100 Solstice owners and a guest.

Spread the word to other Solstice owners you know. This is sure to be a weekend to remember.

At The Solstice Celebration at Hilton Head, you and a guest will mingle with other Solstice owners at the Hospitality Suite and enjoy hors d’oeuvres and beverages when you arrive on Friday. Then guests will join us on Saturday for a Champagne Reception and the Solstice Beach Party. Finally, enjoy two tickets to the Fourth Annual Hilton Head Island Concours d’Elegance on Sunday. During the celebration, you will have the opportunity to meet Bob Lutz, Vice Chairman, GM Global Product Development, and other GM Executives in a very personal and exhilarating setting.

The cost for you and a guest at this premier event is $675.00 (includes accommodations).

Click here now for a complete agenda of this exciting, once-in-a-lifetime celebration.

To register for this event,click here. The first 100 Solstice owners who confirm their reservations will be a part of this incredible weekend by the sea!

Please direct all questions to (866) 756-4028.

We hope to see you there!
Best Wishes,

Pontiac and the Solstice Team

To review GM's Privacy Statement, please visit: http://www.gm.com/privacy/
General Motors Corporation
100 Renaissance Center, 482-A00-MAR
Detroit, MI 48265-1000
(c) 2005 General Motors Corp

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Just got an e-mail from GM with the changes. They have lowered the price as well as broken out several different packages....

We are writing to let you know that there are still spaces available for The Solstice Celebration at Hilton Head. As you know, we have planned an exclusive weekend of a lifetime for Solstice owners, those who have taken delivery and those with orders. All are welcome!

We are pleased to offer the following enhanced special event packages:

Weekend For Two Package – Best Value $549
Includes hotel accommodations for two nights at the premiere Westin Resort at Hilton Head Island, Solstice Hospitality Suite access, Champagne Reception, Solstice Beach Party and 2 tickets to the Concours d’Elegance at Honey Horn. Please note that this new price applies to all existing registrations.

Individual Guest Package With Hotel $449
Includes single hotel accommodations for two nights at the premiere Westin Resort at Hilton Head Island, Solstice Hospitality Suite access, Champagne Reception, Solstice Beach Party and 1 ticket to the Concours d’Elegance at Honey Horn.

Individual Guest Package Without Hotel – Events Only $249
Includes single Solstice Hospitality Suite access, Champagne Reception, Solstice Beach Party and 1 ticket to the Concours d’Elegance at Honey Horn.

We want to celebrate the arrival of Solstice with you and here are some additional details about the weekend that may be helpful when making your plans:

You don’t have to bring your Solstice if you’ve already taken delivery.
If you want to take a spin we will have Solstices on hand for a special test drive.

Courtesy transportation to and from the Savannah (SAV) or Hilton Head Island (HHH) airports is available should you need it. Please inform Solstice Travel Headquarters when you register.

This great event is open to everyone: current and future Solstice owners and their guests.

At The Solstice Celebration at Hilton Head you will meet other Solstice owners and their guests at the Solstice Hospitality Suite and enjoy hors d’oeuvres and beverages when you arrive on Friday. Join us on Saturday at a Champagne Reception where you will have the opportunity to meet Bob Lutz, Vice Chairman, GM Global Product Development and other GM executives, and attend a special Solstice Beach Party later that day. You will also receive a ticket(s) to the Concours d’Elegance at Honey Horn on Sunday. Please see the agenda for more exciting details.

The Westin Resort at Hilton Head:

Nestled amid lush landscaping along a pristine stretch of white-sand beach, The Westin Resort, Hilton Head Island provides guests with superior quality and service in an elegant seaside setting. Enjoy breathtaking views from your private balcony, a vigorous workout full-service health club featuring the WestinWORKOUT® Powered by Reebok Gym, or a soothing massage from one of our professionally trained therapists.

Recently named to Condé Nast Traveler's 2002 Gold List, our resort is a relaxing retreat yet still provides an abundance of outdoor recreational activity. Bicycle rides on white-sand beaches, three championship golf courses, and sixteen tennis courts featuring all three Grand Slam surfaces are available within the resort. Kayaking, sailing, deep-sea fishing, and horseback riding are just a short trip away.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Got mine just now. Same offer. It's too bad they're only giving 2 week's notice...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
solli4me said:
Got mine just now. Same offer. It's too bad they're only giving 2 week's notice...
To tell the truth, now with the lower price and the "single" option, I am really considering going, even without my Solstice. Although I was really hoping I could drive down there in my Solstice. :(

Hey, if I go to Hilton Head, maybe my car will get delivered while I'm gone! Another mark in the "Go to Hilton Head" column! :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
these options are starting to sound really good, they said there would be cars available for a special test drive, any other details available about getting into some solstices??

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
solli4me said:
:agree: I think it is a cool idea, but with such short notice it has to be difficult for people to get time off, set aside funds, and plan to attend.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Who went and are there any pictures?

From those who had the chance to go, please tell us about it and send pics if possible.

Trux

·
Registered
990 Posts
solli4me said:
What do you really expect. Indicative of the way they are handling things related to the Solstice...

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
there were about 40 people attending. it was a great chance for one on one with the Pontiac people.....

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
We are back from our road trip to Hilton Head and I would like to thank everyone from GM for the time, energy and expense that it took to bring us together. We had a great time talking to everyone and our new collectibles will be a happy keepsake to remind us of the fun we had.
Our car performed so beautifully on our 12 hour ride to HH that we took a 20 hour drive home. CDB wanted to drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and it was beautiful. If you like mountain scenery, winding roads, and spiral turns this is the road for you.
Thank you to those of you who gave me packing advice. It was all very helpful, the car held a lot more stuff than I thought it would. I was able to fit a lot into the trunk.
The Wilmington, Delaware plant has a car show in the spring and hopefully we will be able to get together again.

·
Registered
528 Posts
wife of cdb said:
We are back from our road trip to Hilton Head and I would like to thank everyone from GM for the time, energy and expense that it took to bring us together. We had a great time talking to everyone and our new collectibles will be a happy keepsake to remind us of the fun we had.
Our car performed so beautifully on our 12 hour ride to HH that we took a 20 hour drive home. CDB wanted to drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and it was beautiful. If you like mountain scenery, winding roads, and spiral turns this is the road for you.
Thank you to those of you who gave me packing advice. It was all very helpful, the car held a lot more stuff than I thought it would. I was able to fit a lot into the trunk.
The Wilmington, Delaware plant has a car show in the spring and hopefully we will be able to get together again.
The BRP is especially beautiful this time of year. I frequent it often for motorcycling, just stay alert for deer at dusk and early dawn.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thank you to those of you who gave me packing advice. It was all very helpful said:
Where is that advice on the forum? Could you send me the thread?

Trux

·
Registered
242 Posts
trux, on 10/19/05 the thread was "A list of who is going to Hilton Head", I asked about packing and got a lot of good advice. Also, hanging garments can be laid out flat across the gas tank. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll list the tips for you.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts