Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't a complaint, just a prediction. With the majority of the 1st 1000 stuck at Wilmington for further quality issues and production proceding forward on the zz's and free maint.'s and the first 4 mo. allocation at the end of this week beginning of next week, there may be very little difference in delivery dates between the 1st 1000 and regular allocation. Assuming no further quality issues arise and extra shipping sources are secured to handle the "open flood gates" of first 1000 and next 1000 to 2000 Solstices, the time frame between delivery between most of each group could be only a matter of several days to a week. Unfortunately, most of both groups may not ship until the end of Sept. :( I guess we northerners will have frost on our new cars. Since there won't be much advantage with delivery time of 1st 1000 over regular allocation, the only advantage may be some perceived collector's value which immediately can be offset by GM card earnings available only to regular allocation vehicles. Viola- in summary there is no difference between the 1st 1000 and regular allocation. I rest my case. Of course I could be wrong!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Zolsol said:
This isn't a complaint, just a prediction. With the majority of the 1st 1000 stuck at Wilmington for further quality issues and production proceding forward on the zz's and free maint.'s and the first 4 mo. allocation at the end of this week beginning of next week, there may be very little difference in delivery dates between the 1st 1000 and regular allocation. Assuming no further quality issues arise and extra shipping sources are secured to handle the "open flood gates" of first 1000 and next 1000 to 2000 Solstices, the time frame between delivery between most of each group could be only a matter of several days to a week. Unfortunately, most of both groups may not ship until the end of Sept. :( I guess we northerners will have frost on our new cars. Since there won't be much advantage with delivery time of 1st 1000 over regular allocation, the only advantage may be some perceived collector's value which immediately can be offset by GM card earnings available only to regular allocation vehicles. Viola- in summary there is no difference between the 1st 1000 and regular allocation. I rest my case. Of course I could be wrong!
The first 1000 cars were actually never a special edition. They are the exact same cars as other production cars. The only difference is a plaque and a special VIN. When these cars get out in greater number the actual value difference between the two will be nil. The only reason that GM created the 1st 1000 was to bring media attention and hype to the car and they succeeded. I would like to maybe see a special edition Sol in the future and I am sure that will happen. Those will be more valuable than a first K!

·
Registered
48 Posts
something you have taken for granted....you have had fairly regular communication with GM about the car, also not to mention the gifts that you have recieved in conjunction with your vehicle purchase. I know compared to the wait the gifts seem rather trivial, and the communication minimal, but imagine if you waited just as long and did not recieve any communication, and no gifts to hold you over. That is the situation that we regular alot. purchasers are having to deal with, not to mention the fact that i have to be a regular alot. purchaser due to the fact that i actually have a little bit of taste and do not rot my brain with reality television.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Well I think the operative words were something like the first 1000 would be in customers havds before the rest, maybe difference of ,orning to afternoon - such that the same truck with F1k #000001000 will also have
#10000701 (if 700 preproduction numbers already assigned)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
What IF the regular allocation ship at the same time, or God forbid, a little before the remaining first 1000? What WILL people do? I can see the law suit now - I didn't get my car ahead of other people! This apprentice thing is a big loser for everyone except GM. The bottom line is nothing can be done if this happens.

Also, I bet the first 1000 are better quality than the post first 1000.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
todd_raleigh said:
What IF the regular allocation ship at the same time, or God forbid, a little before the remaining first 1000? What WILL people do? I can see the law suit now - I didn't get my car ahead of other people! This apprentice thing is a big loser for everyone except GM. The bottom line is nothing can be done if this happens.

:agree:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
I think for the most parrt they will be of equal quality because the needed corrections will have been made on the line.

·
Registered
397 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
I've pondered this one too. Will the 1st 1K's be better because they doted over them to make sure there were no problems and the post 1k's will simply be pumped through the line? Or, will the post 1k's be better because they've worked all the kinks out? I guess we'll know in a few months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.