Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at Opel's web site, I beleive Tigra looks quite similar to Solstice or Sky... Where does the similitude ends?

If I am right about many similiarities, then should we assume Solstice/Sky will get the clever hard top roof?

If we look at Solstice's bedhind the seat area (on the body) there is no place to hook up a soft top like other convertibles... Apart from Sky`s behind the seat area, I only saw one car with some kind of hole which may attach the cloth roof...

What to expect?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
My understanding is the Sky and Solstice have nothing in common with the Opel. I think the folding hard top on the Tigra will not be showing up on the Sky or Solstice, however I wouldn't mind being wrong! :D

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I can see where the Sky gets some of its front end styling. I couldn't really find it but I think theTigra is FWD. Its got a really flat trunk and video shows 3 golf bags with roof stowed and room behind seats for groceries. 90 and 125 hp, no offense to anyone but in all the write-ups they target it at female customers almost exclusively. Females with 25000 Euros, that is or about 33000USD.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The Tigra has something ridiculous like 14 cu.ft. of space with the top up. Since there's no differential in the back plus the extra storage behind the seat the Tigra has almost more trunk space then room for people.

You have to remember the cars in general in the UK/Euro area sell way higher then their comparable USA counter parts. The Lancer Evo VIII bases here for about $28,000. However if you do the Euro/Pounds conversion of what they pay it should cost $45,000. So if the Tigra came to the USA you could easily expect it to sell for far less then what the conversion ratio for the currency says it's worth.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
bmwtourer said:
If we look at Solstice's bedhind the seat area (on the body) there is no place to hook up a soft top like other convertibles...
Hence the reason we have a 1.4CF trunk with top down. Neat appearance from outside, little space on the inside ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts