Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just got a call from dealer he said my car was "Released to the plant" not sure what that means but considering I only ordered in august that sounds good to me.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Just got a copy of my invoice from my salesman. Can't believe it--- Still in shock. Dealer did a print out of their orders yesterday and I and the first 1000 did not show up at all on the print out and today they got the invoice---

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
xyz1 said:
Well just got a call from dealer he said my car was "Released to the plant" not sure what that means but considering I only ordered in august that sounds good to me.
Wow, that's great news!

I'm still waiting on mine getting released FROM the plant!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
LOVnSOL Great happy driving

I think the Canadian statuses are different and not as delailed I get the idea they do not have the "GM workbench that everyone talks about. When Lightning Rods car got to deallers I think we had seen it and he had sat in it before dealer new it was there LAFFFFFFFF

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
xyz1 said:
Probably means released to production control, which I think is a code 3000. I'm glad your order is moving forward, but keep your patience. I've been at code 3000 for a month already with no change. I think orders get moved into code 3000 in batches. I don't know if it is once a week, once a month or what. So you could move to the next stage in one week, or it could take a month or two.

Either way, it is exciting to see progress being made, so congratulations!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I can relate. Ordered my car April 30. Yeah, dah should have ordered it BEFORE April 15th. But I am told by my dealer the car was preferenced as of Sept 12. I see from Small Dealer's post on constraints that there have been NO allocations in the past two weeks. Obviously production is ramping up more slowly than they thought, otherwise one would think there would be a steady flow of cars being picked up.

I have been plotting production since August and we have NOT seen a steady increase. More of a see-saw, hence they probably pulled a bunch on the sept 9 weekend and haven't needed to pull any more for two weeks.

Sorry to hear you still haven't seen any progress. As you can see some of our lads who ordered back at the end of March got their cars earlier this week. Actually I am surprised we are hearing from them at all. :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Newbie As i travel the 401 every day from Kitchener to Pearson Airport in Toronto i have to tell all my fellow Canuckleheads i've counted 4 Car carriers full of new Sols. And after comming back from my dealership today he showed me his list of stock ordered cars with Cer#s and shipping dates over the next 2wks.....i may grab one of the cars comming in if it means getting one before the snow flys

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Wayne ;

hey , that's great news. You will be driving yours before the snow comes I'm sure. I'll be at the old car gathering tonight by 630 pm

I'll give you a spin in the Sol

Thanks for everyones enthusiastic congrats

Can't wait for the next gathering in Mid Oct (location unspecified)

regards

Ross

1 - 8 of 8 Posts