Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5,600 Posts
:agree:

Where are the member road tests? I thought we would have 20 by now and there are still just the original 2.

Are you all so ashamed of your Solstice's crappy perfomance that you can't bear to let us know about it? If you want to boast about the car, then let's hear all the good and bad about the motor, ride, handling, braking, ergos and driving experience.

How is it really like living with the minscule trunk and the unweildy top?

Not everybody's car is in winter storage, is it? :willy:

·
Registered
504 Posts
mceb said:
Don't forget, after you have driven around a while feel free to write your own review for our collection. So far only 2 so get those fingers moving ;)

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6889
Driven about 3,000 miles,interstate,city,country ,construction zones,twisties and arrow straight.Would do a review but it's closed!!!Who cares I'll do it here.
#1-Had compliments on comfort and roominess of passenger compartment.
#2-MPG after a 1700 mi. road trip bordered on 29.
#3-Not a car that you have to baby,takes a beating in construction zones and back roads and keeps on keeping on.
#4-I liked the acceleration,not muscle,but sufficient for interstate cruising.
#5-Top down lack of room took some thought on packing (33 years travelling on a Harley came in handy)
#6-It handles,you've heard this before,like it is glued to the road...love it.
#7-I'm not a real experienced roadster person,but I'm impressed,it is comfortable to drive long distance(705 mi. in one sitting) and a blast to go thru the gears.
This review is not as objective as it is subjective but if I have to explain it you wouldn't understand.... :cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's perfect. To me. Everytime I walk up to it I can hardly believe that I had the foresight and trust in GM to build a decent car beneath this beautiful exterior. And to me that is the best part, the appearence.

I think I'm getting older. It would be nice to light up the tires but it's not that kind of car. But as a one person driving delight car it's perfect. The noises it makes, from the whine of the something as your crusing, the little wind noise to remind you that it is convertable, the clunk to let you know your shifting I guess, I'll never tire of.

Comfort in the seat, is perfect to me. Elbow rest position is right there. I don't feel cramped at all. Leg room is just right. There is no feeling of, if my arms are right my legs are wrong and vise versa, that you get in so many cars. Downside, power window button is difficult to reach. It's about half way up your forearm and you can't get your elbow back to easily to get your fingers on it. I can live with that. so I guess it's not perfect. But pretty close.

Trunk, who need a trunk. If your going somewhere, with stuff and or kids, you bettter have a mini van or something bigger. There is no room for any thing, should be you assumption. Then when you find that you can put a big box on the passenger seat, on top of the passenger, you will be happy! This is a second, third or forth car only!

I am not an outgoing, chatty, kind of guy. So the constant questions about the car when you stop, anywhere, all the time, can be annoying to people like me. I certainly can understand peoples inquisitive nature about such a lovely car, but I can't wait for more of them to be out here to take the uniquness level down a bit. I am always polite and answer their questions. The point is you and your car will get noticed if that's what you want.

Oh, The convertable top. Goes up and down nicely to me. I've never had one before so nothing to compare it to. Been a bit chilly here so only did it for a few days. by the way mine is #1159 I think. It doesn't leak anywhere.

Dealership has been great. I've only been back twice. Once to document the trany clunk, incase they later decide it shouldn't clunk, and or a 1000 mile oil change.

Handeling is great. Feels level when you whip around corners, kinda like a Vette, or Porche. Ride quality is very good to me for a smallish car. Lot's better than a Vibe GT that I had been driving as my daily driver.

Heater, you could use this heater for a hairdryer. Keeps you warm an chilly days with the top down. Monsoon sterio is great, my son like the mp3 player plug. Personally I like NPR, (National Public Radio) sorry.

What else can I say. It's perfect fun for me to look at and drive. For $24,000 what else could you get that even comes close, NOTHING!

Buy the way thanks for all the information on this sight. I fomd it very comforting while I was waiting for the car to arrive.

·
Registered
177 Posts
mceb said:
Don't forget, after you have driven around a while feel free to write your own review for our collection. So far only 2 so get those fingers moving ;)

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6889
I also note the closed thread, but I want to add this before a real review. My car is at the dealer for 2 1/2 days now. I wasn't satisfied with the gap between the left front bumper and hood, and the left lower 1/4 panel and hood. The right side was a much better and tighter fit. Also, there was a poorly touched-up spot on the right rear wheel well. They actually are repainting the whole piece. Anyhow, as Murphy's law would have it, the weather didn't cooperate on my few days off since taking possession, but I'm looking forward to some quality time soon.

One thing though... the attention it gets here even in the land of hot cars and convertibles is amazing, and 'Deep' is a great color choice! ;)

My '88 RX7 Conv is my daily driver...back soon ;) ... (will the thread re-open?)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...had it two weeks now

Due to weather, need for using my larger car (Honda Element), etc. and the distance my gf lives from me, I was only able to show her the car yesterday (yes I have seen her in those 2 weeks, but not with the car).
It was definitely worth the wait to see her expression as we walked out of her house for the "viewing". It was an actually gasping, followed by "oh Rich(Sol), wow!" She claims I underplayed how great it was in telling her about it during the past 6 months.

That's my review. Oh yes, and the car drives great, especially on all the curvy roads that lead up the mountains to where she lives.

The end.

:cool:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RichSol said:
Due to weather, need for using my larger car (Honda Element), etc. and the distance my gf lives from me, I was only able to show her the car yesterday (yes I have seen her in those 2 weeks, but not with the car).
It was definitely worth the wait to see her expression as we walked out of her house for the "viewing". It was an actually gasping, followed by "oh (Sol)Rich, wow!" She claims I underplayed how great it was in telling her about it during the past 6 months.

That's my review. Oh yes, and the car drives great, especially on all the curvy roads that lead up the mountains to where she lives.

The end.

:cool:
Short, sweet and hard to beat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts