Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based upon looking at the recent GM offerings...I bet that the Solstice automatic will be mated to the Remote Start option. The HHR comes with it when you order an automatic and of course the G6 too. This is a cool option, especially for those of us in extreme temperatue areas. But with the manual transmissions not a feasible item. The HHR cahrges $1100 for the automatic trans and remote start. Reasonable to think the Solstice would be comparable.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
deepdawg said:
Based upon looking at the recent GM offerings...I bet that the Solstice automatic will be mated to the Remote Start option. The HHR comes with it when you order an automatic and of course the G6 too. This is a cool option, especially for those of us in extreme temperatue areas. But with the manual transmissions not a feasible item. The HHR cahrges $1100 for the automatic trans and remote start. Reasonable to think the Solstice would be comparable.
Could be... but it is hard to say. What is it on the G6? Something like $150 for the remote start I believe. Also, the manual and auto G6 coupes are the same price. No extra cost for either tranny, so the only extra charge for the auto with remote start is just the remote start. :willy:

Then on the GTO, the manual is an extra cost transmission over the auto, but the auto actually has a higher MSRP from a gas guzzler tax. No remote start is offered from the factory :willy: :willy:

I think my head is starting to hurt from trying to figure out GM pricing and options strategy! :brentil:

;) Actually, the HHR is probably a good guess... $1100 for both. If it ends up as less (as it is on the G6) then all the better. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If not for the Solstice...And still a possibility if I get jerked around on the Solstice I ordered...I would be buying an HHR. It actually makes more sense with the insurance being better, having storage space , room for my three kids and of course it is FWD so I could drive it year round....but DAMN that Solstice looks so good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
no remote start on manual trans

my understanding is that you can't add the remote start on a manual transmission
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jerry Valley said:
my understanding is that you can't add the remote start on a manual transmission
You can from aftermarket companies...but not a good idea overall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
when i used to work for an after market company( definitely not as an installer). its not hat physically they could not install one or electronically they could not. it was that for liability reasons they would not. remeber the old bogus audis theoretically running over people which probably was driver error. all you need is a car started or accused of being started while in gear for the suits to start.
fred from nashville :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
There was another thread on about remote starts for manuals, and there are a number of suppliers and companies that install them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mrfredsporty said:
when i used to work for an after market company( definitely not as an installer). its not hat physically they could not install one or electronically they could not. it was that for liability reasons they would not. remeber the old bogus audis theoretically running over people which probably was driver error. all you need is a car started or accused of being started while in gear for the suits to start.
fred from nashville :)
exactly my point ! Thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
well, i do admit mr edit guy that my experience was over 6 yrs ago and im sure that things have changed. i personally would LOVE remote start
fred from nashville :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
mrfredsporty said:
well, i do admit mr edit guy that my experience was over 6 yrs ago and im sure that things have changed. i personally would LOVE remote start
fred from nashville :)
I don't think I would do it on a manual, because I'm assuming it would have to be left in neutral and the parking brake set and i will never remember to do that!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top