Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a HP tuners and I'm doing a full forged 2.4 turbo build and I'm looking for some options on getting a tune for my car. Any help would be great !

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,538 Posts
The source of your turbo kit should be a good place to start. Generally the suppliers also have a tune that goes with the kit.

Werks and DDM also have canned tunes that they can share with you.

Martin has tunes he will sell you remotely.

My experience has been it can be done remotely but hands on is always better. My car went through 10 iterations before it got to the right place.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hey guys, I have a HP tuners and I'm doing a full forged 2.4 turbo build and I'm looking for some options on getting a tune for my car. Any help would be great !

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Get the base tune (with all the boring mods like torque management, injector setup, idle, etc), then you can fine tune it yourself to get fueling and timing optimized. You will need to invest in a WBO2 sensor, it is not optional for new tuners.

You maybe able to pick up on how to calibrate fueling and spark by watching this Tuning 101 series:

The Otto cycle 4-stroke has been around for 100 years and not much has changed as far as what it needs to run properly, Fueling and Timing, regardless of make. You fuel the LE5 by adjusting airflow tables (because Airflow determines fuel flow, so increase Airflow correlates to increased Fuel flow or rather Injector PW). You adjust timing by logging your knock sensor then desensitize them for more power or just use stock knock sensor settings, but it will be limited since you're going all forged that may create false knocking. The timing curve for the stock 2.4 LE5 NA is much different than a boosted 2.4 LE5, but the base tune you get should reflect this, we hope.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Did mine through Westers Garage. Took about 7 tunes to get the details down right. I loaded the first tune in the car, drove the car for a log file, sent the file to Lyndon Wester for an update, loaded that one and repeated the process until we were happy with the results.

Popular tune and well worth the time I took to get it right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts