Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Hope you all enjoy the holidays celebrations. I was wondering if anyone has installed one of the remote entry, engine start/stop and push button on your solstice? I would like to do this mod on my wife’s 09 solstice 2.4 L. I have not been able to find diagrams anywhere and don’t want to try buying from a website without advised from someone with experience first. I appreciate your help and God bless you all.

·
Administrator
9,788 Posts
It is automatic
Remote start is no harder to fit to a Solstice than to any other car of the same vintage. There have been threads about installation of aftermarket remote starts, but most people only use them in warm weather, do it hasn't been a priority for most.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
If you do the installation yourself do not use "scotch-lok" type connectors as their performance is inconsistent over time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had Best Buy install one, as there’s some wires you have to splice into. They run it for around 250 periodically installed. Trunk and door locks work as well.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
An aftermarket push button start (ignition with smartkey) won't work the way an actual factory system works. Anyone can jump in your car, start it and drive off. You have to leave the key in the ignition for it to read. Usually the key and ignition are hidden so not easily accessible to constantly remove the key. Don't waste anymore time on a push buttion ignition....you'll be sorry.

Reactions: Hurricane87

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
An aftermarket push button start (ignition with smartkey) won't work the way an actual factory system works. Anyone can jump in your car, start it and drive off. You have to leave the key in the ignition for it to read. Usually the key and ignition are hidden so not easily accessible to constantly remove the key. Don't waste anymore time on a push buttion ignition....you'll be sorry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for your inputs. I’m still researching. If I get to do it, I’ll post it here and show you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had Best Buy install one, as there’s some wires you have to splice into. They run it for around 250 periodically installed. Trunk and door locks work as well.

me too- I use remote start in winter garage storage- remote start-warm-up - shuts itself off! Works great in the summer, also!
[email protected]

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
3,935 Posts
Installing a remote car starter on a solstice is not something someone without experience should do. It is a royal pain because of the PK3+ transponder/passlock system in the vehicle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts