Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't read anything lately about the supposed "removable hard top" that would be available and compatible with current Sols. I really, really, want one since I live in a rainy state. Anyone have any insight on the development of such a top by either GM or aftermarketers?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
AJB said:
I haven't read anything lately about the supposed "removable hard top" that would be available and compatible with current Sols. I really, really, want one since I live in a rainy state. Anyone have any insight on the development of such a top by either GM or aftermarketers?
GM had one at the SEMA show. It looked really nice. There was a rumor of them releasing it next year. But with the release of the SKY as well as the turbo/supercharged version I think they have enough on their plate. We may not see it till late next year. Just in time for the snow

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The SEMA top was supposedly experimental still. At best if they make one I'd expect it late next year. IF they make one, who knows.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Did someone post a picture?? The only one I remember seeing (copper color?) looked like it would have to removed to access the trunk :(

Was there something more functional? Please link to a picture if you can :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
MAKsys said:
Did someone post a picture?? The only one I remember seeing (copper color?) looked like it would have to removed to access the trunk :(

Was there something more functional? Please link to a picture if you can :yesnod:
That's the only one we've seen. I think it's more for racing, so you wouldn't need the trunk. I'm sure they have some talented engineers on it right now. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
stang said:
That's the only one we've seen. I think it's more for racing, so you wouldn't need the trunk. I'm sure they have some talented engineers on it right now. :thumbs:
Certainly the top looks good, but we might have to give up some looks for practicality, as in full upright rear of roof so it clears trunk. BTW sorry to hijack, but:
did you see the new coupe version of the BMW Z4? Sounds like they are in pre-emptive strike mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts