1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
I dont know spanish but what you are seeing there is the end of the crank, the oil pump that is around it. And the timing cover. What are you trying to remove?

·
Registered
406 Posts
hi okay so if i understand correctly you are replacing the waterpump and timing chain at the same time? i have some pictures as i was doing my waterpump and dropped a bolt in to my timing chain cover so i had to remove the front cover to get access to the bolt, then put it back together, so ill post pictures explaining what steps you have to do to access the timing chain, i do speak spanish but mexican spanish not sure if its the same as spain spanish lol but here we go this will have english and spanish captions

okay so si entendo bien, quiere cambyar la water pump y cadena de tiempo? Aqui esta como legar a cambiar la cadnea de tiempo, si ya cambio la water pump pero hay ruido tiene que cambiar el tensionar nomas, es el circulo amario en la tersera photo nomas tien que poner uno Nuevo y ya se tieno que quitar el ruido

Step one: remove the hood, front bumper, drain the coolant, remove belts, and everything else in front of the car.

parte uno: tiene que quitar el hood, el bumper, tiene que sacar la auga del radiador, quitar las bandas y todo lo demas del frente del caro

Step two: this is the access hole for the water pump
Parte dos: este es el orificio de acceso del water pump

Step three: remove front cover I think its like 9 bolts or so I don’t have any pictures for this step but its relatively easy then pop it off with out damaging the gasket(I re used it) or front cover don’t bend it its aluminum

Parte tres: tien que quitar la front cover es como 9 tornillos or algo asi, no tengo photos para esta parte pero es muy facil, despues de quitar los torrnillos tien que jalar la front cover con quidado parar no danyar la gasket por que la va re usar, y ten quidado con la front cover por que es aluminio

Step four: now you have access to the timing chain and water pump and pretty much everything just remove the valve cover then you can do a whole timing chain job I have two pictures here the yellow part circled is the tensioner which has to be replaced or reset if you get a whining noise after the waterpump job

Parte quatro: ya tiene la water pump y la cadena de tiempo, si quita el valve cover puede cambiar el timing chain si quiere, tengo dos photos, en la primera el circulo Amarillo es el tensioner que tiene que reemplacar si cambia la water pump y hay un ruido,

Final part: once your done just replace everything the way you found it and put the car backtogether the right way so on so forth should be okay, I did all this with common sense im only 20 im not a professional mechanic, and did not have a service manual, please do this at your own risk, I am not liable if your attempt this and blow your engine,

Final: despues de cambiar la cadena de tiempo y waterpump ya puede poner todo pa tras, por favor tenga quidado,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much!! we remove all bolts of the cover of shaft, but we have problems with the o-ring of the crank, we remove the crank pulley, but we can remove the cover of the chain, because we can,t remove the still o-ring in the crank, we need any special tool?? thank you very much from Madrid :)

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
That oring will come off with the cover.

Dont forget the one bolt in the middle just under the water pump access cover. It too needs to come out.

·
Registered
406 Posts
just remove the cover after you take off the pulley, then the shaft will be exposed by it self like in my 4th picture, you dont need to remove any o-ring

1 - 6 of 6 Posts