Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been running DeJon plumbing for last 4-5 years, looks and sounds great!! But I live in CA and needed to do it's first smog check, so I removed the DeJon pipes and put it back to stock. Runs much faster now and am getting much higher boost (went from 17psi. to 22psi. peak). Anyone have similar experience?:cool:

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
You'll need to search ('cos I can't remember which) but I recall that a number of aftermarket CAI's can muck-up the airflow around the MAF and thus reduce performance. I know that DDM's and the GMPP CAIs were OK, and there was at least another that was fine but can't recall if DeJon was in that short list.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
No the Dejon was not on the short list.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
The GMPP and the K&N do not change the fuel trims, the Dejon absolutely does that's why I have one. The first 2 are BLING, what's the point if they don't flow more air? I did scans and had my fuel trims adjusted to optimum with the added air, (added more fuel) more air more fuel more GO! Bottom line if you change your CAI you should check the fuel trims.

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
I had the DJ charge tubes and CAI on my car. They made some slight contribution. In the dyno data I had seen, the results suggested that for low and mid range the charge tubes did not make a big contribution. But I have seen data that suggests that they reduce the roll off at higher revs where the turbulence becomes a bigger factor. I was seeing boost similar to others ~23 to 25 pounds of boost regularly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts