Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like a stupid question but, does anyone else want to remove the "crappy" yellow saftey information printed on the sun visors? I did remove it from one of my cars using rubbing alcohol. It came right off and didnt damage the visor. Has anyone attempted this? I know it's safety infomation but it just looks ugly... Thanks Loft_guy

·
Registered
515 Posts
Loft_guy said:
This may seem like a stupid question but, does anyone else want to remove the "crappy" yellow saftey information printed on the sun visors? I did remove it from one of my cars using rubbing alcohol. It came right off and didnt damage the visor. Has anyone attempted this? I know it's safety infomation but it just looks ugly... Thanks Loft_guy
Man, I thought RODEO posted a link to a discussion about this on one of the miata forums ages ago. I'll see if I can find it.

If all else fails, try some Google searching. This is a common topic in these days of "everything needs a warning label".

I particularly enjoyed the section about drunk driving in the owner's manual. Apparently drinking large amounts of alcohol makes you a bad driver or something...this is the first I've heard of it. [/SARCASM]

·
4,592 Posts
Chris said:
Man, I thought RODEO posted a link to a discussion about this on one of the miata forums ages ago. I'll see if I can find it.

If all else fails, try some Google searching. This is a common topic in these days of "everything needs a warning label".

I particularly enjoyed the section about drunk driving in the owner's manual. Apparently drinking large amounts of alcohol makes you a bad driver or something...this is the first I've heard of it. [/SARCASM]
I recall goof-off type products work, but don't hold me acountable.

I recall there were like three products, goof off was one of them, they soaked towel, let it it on it for a few minutes, and it came off easy. Might have also used wd40.

good luck!

·
Registered
515 Posts
RODEO said:
I recall goof-off type products work, but don't hold me acountable.

I recall there were like three products, goof off was one of them, they soaked towel, let it it on it for a few minutes, and it came off easy. Might have also used wd40.

good luck!
Speak of the devil... :)

This was the post I was thinking of, but the thread died shortly after the post with no more discussion on the matter.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81435&postcount=30

·
4,592 Posts
looking back at excelsiors pic, it looks more like a sticker than does the same on a miata. if it's a sticker, try rubbing alcohol, let it soak, and keep using the RA to remove the adhesive. That is based on "if it's a sticker".

BTW, good memory Chris!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Just wandered out to the garage. Definetly NOT a sticker...I thought it was. Looks like it's printed right on the plastic. I would try the methods noted above and also perhaps Lysol. I've used it in similar application before and it turned the ink/paint into a liquid on contact. Of course, test on a hidden spot to be sure it's not going to harm the plastic.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You got it! It's printed right on the plastic. BUMMER! Thanks for all the info "guys".... I'll have to give it some thought before I try to remore them but they are IMO "butt" ugly...

·
4,592 Posts
I say go for it! They are printed on the miata as well, and come off no problem.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Fortimir said:
They printed a warning right on the plastic? What?
Yeah, look at this pic I just snapped. You can see the plastic's texture right in there.

·
Registered
278 Posts
"The Back Seat is the safest place for children" um... ok!

why bother printing that on a TWO SEAT ROADSTER!!!! how does saying that make sence? you know they could have saved a couple of pennys by not printing that.

stupid, stupid, stupid!

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
tednelson83 said:

why bother printing that on a TWO SEAT ROADSTER!!!! how does saying that make sence? you know they could have saved a couple of pennys by not printing that.

stupid, stupid, stupid!
Maybe they meant the trunk? ;)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
tednelson83 said:

stupid, stupid, stupid!
Not necisarily stupid, the reason it's printed that way is for cost savings. Why create an entire new printing label/device to erase one line that any person can figure out doesn't apply to this car that is part of a label system that already exists. Just use the current system and tag all your visors with it.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
stang said:
I hate those things too. Why have an owners manual if they are going to just print randon warnings all over the car? :brentil:
Because greedy law suite happy idiot Americans who do stupid things force car companies (or any company for that matter) to put warnings labels on anything and everything.

Thanks to idiots like that, I now know that STEAMING COFEE is steaming because it's actually very HOT. I mean really, who would have thought it took above average temperatures to make a liquid turn to steam? :brentil:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Will wait for someone else to try it before I do anything.

I found out the first day I brought the car home that it was printed in the plastic. Buncha crap if you asked me.

Flagg

·
Registered
284 Posts
This sounds like something that maybe Kappasphere can look into. New visors with mirrors in both, and no warning labels on them.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
GO_DRVN said:
Maybe they meant the trunk? ;)
There IS an inside trunk release handle in case you get stuffed in there.

1 - 20 of 275 Posts