Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dori posted pics of removing the small G.M. badge on the front quarter panel.

I was bored today, (had the day off from work) and decided to try the tooth floss and hair dryer thing on removing that G.M. badge. Dori, was right!

Removing the small badge was easy. Hair dryer, a little Goo Gone, and the PIMPLE was gone. I think it is better to remove it now before it gets old and really stuck on. The lower panel looks sooooo much better without the PIMPLE. G.M. (And I was one who thought I would remove nothing!)

When I took the goo off with my finger nail, and waxed it up good with NU FINISH, it looked great.

I have some new pics. coming. More of an arial view. I took pics up on top of a step ladder today.

Will post pics. soon. Thanks DORI! Mitch :devil:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Awesome. :thumbs:

Been debating if I want to do this with my car or not sitll. More pics will always be helpful.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Another forum member removed both rear nameplates with the same technique and they came off without a problem. I saw his car and the clean back looked great. Some members may not like the idea of removing 'Pontiac' and 'Solstice', but for those who are interested, it only takes floss and a blow dryer.

·
Registered
574 Posts
can someone make a connection to the thread that explains the floss and hair dryer method -- haven't got mine yet but I think I'll want to take them off too

·
Registered
91 Posts
Heat decal with blow dryer to moisten the glue -- carefully slide floss behind one edge to 'slice' the adhesive and peel away the decal. Not much to it. There will be some residual glue, especially for the larger rear decals, but nothing that can't be rubbed off.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Thraxz said:
I'd wear my GM logo with pride.
I'll make a necklace out of them instead of having them on my fender.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Pure Law said:
i thought quarter panels were in the rear? Go figure!
Yah, whatever man. Fender, quarter panel, side panel whatever you want to call it. Any SOL fanatic knows exactly what was meant. So what's your point?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts