Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are driving to detroit, eta thursday pm. i think those of us who would like to comnnect with other forum members in detroit should think about how to make it happen. anyone care to make a plan so the forum members can meet and greet?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm scheduled to land at 3:41pm so I expect to be at the Marriott Renaissance Center before 5p. Anyone here stayed at this hotel before and would know the facilities and surrounding area? If so, they should be the ones to make suggestions for rendezvous locations.

My only suggestion would be that we should all wear our Solstice t-shirts.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm Arriving at 11:13am on Friday, staying at the Marriott Renaissance and leaving Saturday evening.

I would guess that the easiest thing to do would be to meet at the party! ;)

Flagg

·
Registered
515 Posts
TerpFan said:
An after party meet in the open lobby reception area would be good.
Sounds good. We could organize from there.

For the record, I'll be there between 10am and 11am Friday morning. Not sure if I'm staying overnight, yet. I'll probably make the call Friday evening, depending on what's happening after the meeting.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
How will we know each other???

How about some kind of button that we can print and pin on? I'd also leave a space to put your forum name on.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we booked at the marriot rennaisance for thursday and friday. feel free to pm me if you are going to be in thursday night. my wife has a friend in detroit who writes automotive news so we will be seeing her probably at the event, maybe before...so we may or may not be free thursday pm.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
package said:
How about some kind of button that we can print and pin on? I'd also leave a space to put your forum name on.
it's stupid but useful.. a stick on 'hello my name is.....' label. your name and your solsticeforum ID if you choose.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
cdb said:
it's stupid but useful.. a stick on 'hello my name is.....' label. your name and your solsticeforum ID if you choose.
I'll prolly print out my avatar with the forum ID. I"m guessing GM might provide the "my name is" sticker?

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My wife and I are driving in Friday morning. We should be there by noon at the latest. We are spending the night and driving back on saturday. Hope to see you guys at the event, or at least in the Lobby of the Mariott after the "party". 'See ya Friday! :party:

·
Registered
93 Posts
My wife and I are also driving Firday morning and staying at the Marriot Friday night hope some how we can all get together maybe for dinner or atleast a cocktial Friday evening :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Take some pictures for the rest of us at home ;)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Salamander said:
I'm scheduled to land at 3:41pm so I expect to be at the Marriott Renaissance Center before 5p. Anyone here stayed at this hotel before and would know the facilities and surrounding area? If so, they should be the ones to make suggestions for rendezvous locations.

My only suggestion would be that we should all wear our Solstice t-shirts.
Facilities around the RenCin? My suggestion would be to go out packing and carry lots of ammo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
detroit!

Hey folks this is the first time I have had a chance to post! I am so excited about the Detroit trip, I am driving up from Lawrence KS- 13 hours to get a look. I hear from my dealer that my car is considered "in transit", but no ETA as of yet. I don't know if I will make it to the Marriot Thursday night in time to see any of you, but look forward to meeting all the Solstice devotees Friday. I assume this is a casual thing, as I don't intend to dress up! Do hope we all get a chance to drive one tho. What is everyone else hearing?

·
Registered
121 Posts
jwally said:
Facilities around the RenCin? My suggestion would be to go out packing and carry lots of ammo.
I was afraid of that, but hey, I'm from Wyoming we pack all the time. ;-)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it sounds ike people are going to show up in (solstice) t-shirts. it's an afternoon affair that could include a test drive and an opportunity meet the gm people who had a hand in creating the solstice- as well as some of the other 1st 1000 owners. michelle at the solstice eop call center made it clear that we are paying our own way for transportation and lodging, but said that it would be GM providing snacks and refreshments at the affair.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Mallett Cars

All interested attendees, Chuck Mallett from Mallett Cars will be attending the event in Detroit as a guest of General Motors. If anyone is interested in talking with him about the upcoming Solstice V8 conversions let me know via Private message. I will do my best to get you face-to-face time with him at the end of the presentation portion of the event.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Here's a picture... 100's of car carriers strategically positioned all across the US loaded with our cars... As soon as car #1 gets delivered.. the warehouse door rolls up and deliveries to dealers become reality...

Seriously.. am I dreaming this or are they actually going to deliver cars soon?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts