Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the story actually starts shortly after I bought my GXP. It had 36000 and some change on the clock and it started to randomly be hard to start but,usually only took a second try to fire. At around the same time it began to develope a pinging when I would wind her above 4000 rpm and shift quickly. As time went on it got a bit worse then one day last week it wouldn't start until I gave it some pedal and my check engine light came on and stayed. Went to autozone where the scanner pulled the codes p2187 and p268b which, after some research on here pointed to the canister purge solenoid. Up to this point I had not attributed the earlier hard starting issue nor the post shift pinging to the current purge valve problem but, after installing the new purge valve the recent hard starting issue and the previous occasional hard start and post shift pinging have all disappeared.

My only explanation for this is that the purge valve had been slowly going bad and when I increased the boost with the trifecta tune it made the problem more prominent by finishing off the purge solenoid.

I share this information as I know their are several others who suffer with the post hard shift ping. Also, for those experiencing the occasional hard start be aware that your purge solenoid valve located a top your intake manifold may be starting to go bad. If you suspect you may have this issue watch DDM Works video on you tube that explains how to test and replace the EVAP purge solenoid.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts