Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,824 Posts
I bought one of the passenger-side mirrors and would like to have a driver's side to match, should they become available.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
If there are cases of both sides, which I doubt, you have a valuable find. But you have to see them to appreciate them. At the National last year in Germany, there was one 2010 with the mirrors, other 2010's there but only one set of mirrors. I think only 7 or so Opel GT's made it to Europe, Dave can give you the exact number on them.

NorbertGT actually sat in the car and was totally amazed by the view from the car. He thought I was nuts until he actually used them.

I would assume if you have Solstice mirrors, you could just change over the base. I have a set or two of the stock Sky mirrors, I will try to remember to look at them the next time I am at the storage facility.

I guess as far as mods go, not a big deal for the Sostice, but for a car that is rebadged as an Opel GT it is the ultimate mod as far as I am concerned. Currently there are only 5 actual sets in the world, and I have 2. They did such a good job designing them, most people never notice them.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,193 Posts
If there are cases of both sides, which I doubt, you have a valuable find. But you have to see them to appreciate them. At the National last year in Germany, there was one 2010 with the mirrors, other 2010's there but only one set of mirrors. I think only 7 or so Opel GT's made it to Europe, Dave can give you the exact number on them.
Per my information there were only 2 2010 Opel GTs made, and both have appeared in Opel Service records, so they both made it out of here to there.

1G0MG3CX8AY100015 Opel GT Convertible 5/05/2009 Black Black Leather Black LNF Manual Painted Air
1G0MG3CX4AY100027 Opel GT Convertible 5/28/2009 Lt Tarnish Black Leather Black LNF Manual Painted Air

All the rest of the 2010s were either Solstices or Skys.

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I thought he said others were there, I know on the 2010 Brochure only one of the cars had the mirrors in the picture. They are very rare puppies.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Kimstice, you will need to send your address. I will mail out the next ones, one week from today.

No problem sir. Hope they are as good as you expected.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Thank you, AC sticker arrived

Bob,

Thank you for the decal/sticker for the driver side inner fender liner. Arrived safely and the quality is excellent, exceeding my expectations. I am grateful for you offering this to the community. Those of us who are quite picky about some things on our cars appreciate your effort, time and expense. I know I do.

It took me several months to find a photo of a car with this still in place. Most folks have replaced their inner fender liners, perhaps several times. As we've mentioned, the stock factory liners have a smooth place where this goes. I have a pair of NOS OEM liners to install and this will be the finishing touch. I encourage anyone replacing the fender liners to only use the GM pieces and look up how to install them without cracking the mount holes. I now use removable push pins rather than the Christmas trees wherever practical. The trunk lid liner retainers is a case in point. Keeps from damaging something that may have to be removed again.

Again, thank you!

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
226 Posts
skersfan got my decal today looks great. Will install when weather warms up had snow flakes this morning. Car is still under cover in the garage.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks guys, my graphics guy is really good, can do about anything.

I am out of town until next Tuesday. Will try to get the last group out when I get home. Still have some available

·
Registered
333 Posts
so apparently all the cars are missing these stickers,I wondered what it was and why it was removed... so I'm in for one too!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skersfan

Ready for mailing, decal enclosed.

Cokeologist
4501 Safari
CPB

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cokeologist

Thanks very much; greatly appreciated and will look forward to receiving
Received in the mail. As others have indicated, the decal is very high quality and looks great. Your generosity in making these available is very greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, my original decal is slightly different from this reproduction. I have a 2008 GXP, and the GM part number at bottom right on mine is 25831315; on this one the GM part number is 15284096. The System charge in the last line on mine is .47kg (1.03 lb), as opposed to .74kg (1.63 lb) on this one.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
My only thought on that sir is that it is a replica of mine, off of a 2007 Sky Redline. Sorry, never had a thought they could be different.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Cokeologist,

If you send me your decal remains, I can have some made for the Solstice group. I don't know maybe each year has a different decal, but I never saw them listed that way, when I was looking for a replacement.

I was more interested in replacing the blue and yellow on the fender, and never paid any attention to the numbers to be honest. Let me know if I can help.

Bob

41 - 60 of 61 Posts