Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am brand new to the forum and a brand new Solstice owner. I just bought a 2006 Solstice in great condition - the only issue is the driver side door switch was replaced. The lock now works manually, but the key FOB does not unlock or lock it (it still locks and unlocks the passenger side door).

Is this an easy fix, or will I need to take it to a GM dealer (I don't own a Tech2)?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

·
Super Moderator
7,753 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What switch was replaced?

If the fob locks and unlocks the passenger door, the problem is not with programming. It is either with wiring or the lock actuator itself.

Do your doors lock and unlock automatically?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for the fast reply.

It looks like the “guts” were replaced, from the inside handle, down through the door latch itself on the side of the door. I believe the only way to lock/unlock the driver side is manually with a key, so perhaps that points to the wiring?

·
Super Moderator
7,753 Posts
The wiring or the electrical actuator are the most likely in my mind.

Do you have a voltmeter or test light?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds like the door lock actuator is not working. I had this happen with my driver door, and it's fairly common. Replacement part was about $125, and it took about an hour to replace. Door panels come off easily.

Of course it could be the wiring to the actuator, but it's usually the motor inside the actuator itself that goes caput.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is really helpful - thank you. It sounds like I'm just a replacement part and YouTube video away from having a working lock...

·
Super Moderator
7,753 Posts
Didn't you say that had already been replaced? They may have just not reconnected it. I think I would open the door panel and check everything first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts