Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM stopped production of the replacement filters and the pre filter for their CAI on the LNF. However, Tom at crate engine depot has sourced a steady supply of these items direct from the manufacturer. Anyone in need will be able to get these can get them anytime from crate engine. I just ordered some myself.:cool:

·
Registered
398 Posts
How long will they be available for? Can they cleaned?

·
Premium Member
10,472 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Does anyone know if K & N makes a filter for the CAI by GM and what is a "prefilter"?
I have the GMPP CAI. I would also like to know what the "prefilter" is and does?

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,527 Posts
Thanks for the info. Is this something worth getting?
I had a GMPP CAI that came with the dry filter and the pre-filter. I put about 10K miles on it, and when I sold it, the paper filter looked brand new and the pre-filter just needed to be vacuumed off.

Then I got an AEM CAI with dry filter and pre-filter. Again, after 10 K miles, the same held true.

My experience with both of them indicates to me that the pre-filter really works well.

YMMV

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
I had a GMPP CAI that came with the dry filter and the pre-filter. I put about 10K miles on it, and when I sold it, the paper filter looked brand new and the pre-filter just needed to be vacuumed off.

Then I got an AEM CAI with dry filter and pre-filter. Again, after 10 K miles, the same held true.

My experience with both of them indicates to me that the pre-filter really works well.

YMMV

Thanks!!! Then I need to get one!!!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Ordered a pre filter and two filters just in case. Thanks Tom!!!!!:thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts