Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Solstice sticker in the threshold of my door is peeling up. Can I get a replacement.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I kinda remember reading this one in the past, and I think you have to buy the whole replacement part (not just the sticker) ...others will chime in and help you better...windrestrictor makes some really nice ones that could fit there too :)

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
If you are talking about the sill plate, then JesseB is perfectly correct. Almost impossible to repair (since you'll kink the metal strip if you try to take it off) and only available as one piece with the plastic molding. Plenty of threads and posts on this in the forum if you search.

I have the backlit Windrestrictor overlay. Love it.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Part numbers: 25774447 & 25774448 (LH & RH respectively)

...TS I was wondering on the backlit ones as well...do you take the chrome stock one off before you put the windrestrictors overlays on?
The WR ones go over the existing plastic sill piece. If your aluminum strip (if you have one) is good, it goes over that. If the strip is coming off, then better to remove the strip completely before attaching the WR overlay.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
one of mine is peeling up and the plan is to heat it with the heat gun to see if I can remove it without causing any creases and then glue it back down.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JesseB How or whom do I order that from? Thanks

Oh yea Good Grief.....

·
Premium Member
18,482 Posts
one of mine is peeling up and the plan is to heat it with the heat gun to see if I can remove it without causing any creases and then glue it back down.
I tried this on the Dragon. My experience was that by the time I got the glue hot enough to pry the aluminum part off successfully, the plastic was deforming. I went with unlit WR door sills as the best long term solution.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Get a piece of clear bra material a little bigger than the sticker and install it over top. Had that issue with another car and the clear bra material worked like a charm. Never had an issue again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.