Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should probably address this to Rob the Elder, since I believe he is the guru of what parts should be stockpiled in anticipation of possible dealer/supplier shortages. I've seen reference to a particular o2 sensor, for example. I'm not planning on buying a replacement top or body panels, but I am wondering if there are sensors, electrical components, etc., that would be valuable to have on hand.

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
I can tell yo what I have.

I looked for parts that are unique to the car first. And started with things that are more failure prone.

Cable assembly - the electrical / mechanical part that includes the cables and relays that release the trunk lid and the buttresses.

Buttress release cables and clips

Tulip panel flap activation cables and clips

All rubber seals.

Center console (they break)

Cup holders (front and rear)

Hood release cable.

Door handles

Throw out bearing / slave cylinder

O2 sensor (yes LOL)

Spare top

Two sets of fenders for Sol and Sky

Spare drivers seat (got a great deal on one)

Spare factory windshields (again . . .)

Things that are going to be stocked by GM for a long time I dont stock. Powertrain parts etc.

:thumbs: :willy: :thumbs:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks; is there a particular o2 sensor that is hard to find? I guess the gmpp sensors are common to other vehicles?

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Really? The O2 sensors? I just thought that would be a pretty common component used across many vehicles. Is it "calibrated" specifically for the car?

Then again the Cat Converter was nationally backordered at one time - but THAT (I believe) is vehicle specific.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I should probably address this to Rob the Elder, since I believe he is the guru of what parts should be stockpiled in anticipation of possible dealer/supplier shortages. I've seen reference to a particular o2 sensor, for example. I'm not planning on buying a replacement top or body panels, but I am wondering if there are sensors, electrical components, etc., that would be valuable to have on hand.
My Caddy dealer, the best one in town to do Solstice warranty work, recommended buying weatherstripping. Says GM has a habit of leaving ragtop owners high and dry in as little as 2 years from production stopping.

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
You have the front passenger side cup holder? If so how much with shipping
They are spares. I don't have a price. Do you have your factory unit? They can be easily repaired

1 - 10 of 10 Posts