Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I install a Hieha Radio and keep the steering wheel controls?
Best Buy can not get the steering harness.
Ideas, thoughts, would really like to have back up camera.

This is the description.
Double Din Car Stereo System Compatible with Apple Car Play and Android Auto, 7 Inches Multimedia Touchscreen Car Radio Receiver with Bluetooth and Backup Camera, Phone Mirroring, AM/FM, Auto Play

·
Administrator
9,176 Posts
Is this something you have already? You will have to access the installation instructions to see what interface is needed.

For reference, the Atoto Android radio works without a separate interface.

Reactions: DTaglione

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this something you have already? You will have to access the installation instructions to see what interface is needed.

For reference, the Atoto Android radio works without a separate interface.
Thank You, we are going to try it since we have the radio. It is sold specifically saying that it will work. You know how that goes.

However, Best Buy stated the failure rate is high.

Thanks for the tip about Atoto Android maybe our next attempt. Hopefully this does work out.

·
Administrator
9,176 Posts
Thank You, we are going to try it since we have the radio. It is sold specifically saying that it will work. You know how that goes.

However, Best Buy stated the failure rate is high.

Thanks for the tip about Atoto Android maybe our next attempt. Hopefully this does work out.
Can you post the installation instructions, or a link to them? The wiring diagram may also provide good information about what is needed.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Searched and found this on Amazon (not sure if it's the same as the OP posted about): https://www.amazon.com/Hieha-Bluetooth-Android-Supports-Answering/dp/B08GYL3GB1?th=1. 4 star average reviews of which, 49% are full 5 stars.

This review seems to imply it will work with steering-wheel buttons:
This is much more better than I expected. I had a 1-din headunit before, so the wiring didn’t take me too long to adjust. The touchscreen is a resistor touch screen but works well. The product comes with a steering wheel remote control, and a regular remote control. However, if your steering wheel has multimedia control buttons, this headunit can learn the buttons and function so you could use your original steering wheel buttons. The media player supports a lot of file types, so if you have .wav, or .flac you don’t have to convert them. I have an old iPhone sitting around and the carlink worked just fine. But do remember that if you want to use iPhone, the headunit only supports resolution smaller than 1920x1080. Not all iPhones can mirror the content on it. You need to check the resolution of you iPhone first. It also has AV-OUT video output, if you have other car media product that takes AV-IN, you could probably have a secondary screen for back rows.

All in all, it’s a good product for this price range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts