Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering buying these for my sol as my stock leather seats have lots of splits and really worn. At this point it has to be new seat covers or new seats. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion or comments on replacing them. I did look through the forum at other seats threads most of which warn about needing a custom frame and to watch out for the airbag sensor.

(PAIR) HARD BACK RACING SEATS CARBON FIBER/BLACK TOYOTA | eBay

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I wouldnt buy those. They look very cheap with the fake carbon on it. It all depends on your budget in the end. The brackets will need to be fab up and like you said you need to move the air bag sensors into which ever seats you choose.

·
Registered
406 Posts
go with brides or with sparcos or something with name brand trust me if youve seen the build quality on these when they show up at your door youll reconsider putting it in you car, nothing lines up, they dont look safe at all... hell even used name brand seats!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Have them recovered by JPM he does great work

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really am not worried about the waterfall storage (don't ever use it). Getting them recovered is an idea but can be as pricy as getting new seats. BTW who makes the brides seats? I have seen the sparcos but man they have a pretty high price. IDK i might consider it because they do look freakin awesome in our cars.

·
Registered
406 Posts
talk to sky888 i know he has brides in his search here then send him a pm, i think hes sponsored so yeah he should have all the info for the seat :thumbs:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm getting FIA approved MOMO seats for mine. It will save me weight and pass tech inspection at the track. I hate the stock leather seats

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I have had and both brands in the car. I started off with a Sparco Fighter seat. The problem I ran into with those seats. My legs werent long enough to really reach the pedals, also they covered the waterfall and they hit the door panel. I then switched to Sparco Monza's. Which fit pretty good, but I had to take off one of the plastic side cubs that allows you to adjust the seat as it was hitting the middle firewall. I then switched to Bride Vorga's. They were by far the best seats I ever put in the car. They did cover the waterfall, but it had a quick release to fold the seat forward in less then 1sec. The current seats I have in the car are Bride Low max. There a very good seat, give you enough room inside the cabin, but it will cover your waterfall.

best of luck with your choice.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
I have had and both brands in the car. I started off with a Sparco Fighter seat. The problem I ran into with those seats. My legs werent long enough to really reach the pedals, also they covered the waterfall and they hit the door panel. I then switched to Sparco Monza's. Which fit pretty good, but I had to take off one of the plastic side cubs that allows you to adjust the seat as it was hitting the middle firewall. I then switched to Bride Vorga's. They were by far the best seats I ever put in the car. They did cover the waterfall, but it had a quick release to fold the seat forward in less then 1sec. The current seats I have in the car are Bride Low max. There a very good seat, give you enough room inside the cabin, but it will cover your waterfall.

best of luck with your choice.
If the Bride Vorga's were the best, why did you switch to the Low max's?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
My paintball charger blew up in my car going to paintball and put some nice burn holes in the passenger side seat. So I switched back.

Also the Vorga's didnt hold you in as tight as the Low Max seats. As it has very tiny sidewalls to hold you in. The Low Max is a reclining bucket seat.

There are a lot of pros and cons to each seat.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those NRG from the other thread look very tempting. The wife has set a budget for this around $600 so a lot of the above mentioned seats are just way out of reach unfortunately. Plus it is cool i got to see pics of them and i wonder if he got the bracket, modded his brackets or got a pair that came with the "fixed" bracket.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Those NRG from the other thread look very tempting. The wife has set a budget for this around $600 so a lot of the above mentioned seats are just way out of reach unfortunately. Plus it is cool i got to see pics of them and i wonder if he got the bracket, modded his brackets or got a pair that came with the "fixed" bracket.
I modded our stock brackets. So I just added on to it. I got a really thick L bracket drilled 2 holes in each side and bolted it up to the seat and the oem seat rail. I even used the oem sliders. It took me about 3hours to get it all perfect, but it is something that you can do your self. The hard part is moving the sensors from the oem seats. I sent that out to get done by a local audio video shop.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Sweet thanks for the info. How have they held up for you? Anything i should look out for if i get them?
They have held up no problems since 2006. I have used to same brackets from my very first set of sparco fighter seats

1 - 18 of 18 Posts