Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The turbo went out in ours. Where is the best place to get a new one with all the accessories needed to install it?

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Questions:

Are you planning on installing this yourself?

Can you elaborate on "the turbo went out?" Are we talking broken blades in the turbine, crack in the housing (if so, compressor or turbine side), missing clamp between the turbine and compressor, it went on a date and never came back, or what? It's frequently significantly cheaper to have a turbo shop rebuild the unit than to get a new one.

What caused it to go out? Got a broken / blocked coolant line?

Are you sure the turbo is actually the problem?

If you can provide some more details, we might be able to help, especially regarding "... and all the accessories needed to install it."

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Questions:

Are you sure the turbo is actually the problem?
Excellent question.

Those turbos are easily available all over the place and can also be rebuilt - there are almost always turbo shops around any place where heavy equipment operates and they can obtain a new cartridge for the turbo. But the new ones are not expensive either and that's the way I'd go - once you can confirm that that is what you need.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have one that I took off a motor I ordered and it is new for $400 if your interested. You pay for the shipping. That is a fair price.

·
Registered
556 Posts
it's still knawing at me weather to turbo my 2.4 or not......errrr witch also has me held up with building the header....among other things that have me held up at gun point....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts