Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I scraped my front bumper pretty badly on the passengers side while driving on base (they have some pretty tight turns in and out of the gate and my previous car was a Bronco...) and now I'm looking at either getting it repaired, getting it replaced, or even getting a custom front bumper (RKSport, etc).

My question is how much would you all expect this to cost? What would be the cheapest route vs. the most expensive? I will post pictures in a few! Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
Generally the bumper cover can be repaired. My wife put a 2 inch square hole in the bumper on her Sky and our painter did a repair that is impossible to see unless you look at the back side of the cover.

The least cost way would be for you to pull your bumper cover and take it to a shop to be fixed. It is a fairley simple job. The screws across the top, the screws and plastic push pins on each inner fender and a few fastners along the bottom edge and the cover is free. There are four electrical connectors. Then you can put the bumper cover on the bench and remove the grilles.

You can then carry it to the body shop and have it repaired. The cost then is limited to the labor required to cosmetically do the repair and repaint. I would guess in the range of $200 - $400 with a carry in part depending on how much repair needs to be done prior to painting.

You might consider applying some clear bra film on the lower portion of the bumper to help prevent damage in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts