Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was difficult trying to get both hands in one place but I wanted to share tips that gave me success replacing the switch located on top left edge of the open glove compartment.
it isn’t difficult to remove the connector from the switch. But it isn’t easy. What is difficult is getting the switch out. I found that using a 5/8 deep well socket, you could push onto the switches connector end and as far as you can. That presses in on the plastic spring loaded keepers allowing the switch to be manipulated out of the hole it’s mounted in. You may have to pull on the button side of the switch as you wiggle it but it works. Just beware that you want to be sure you reinstall the new switch in the correct orientation. The socket was a 3/8 drive. But that fixed my intermittent trunk button issue. I got my switch from Rock Auto for about $17.
I hope this helps someone! Happy roadstering!
Little Bit’s Dad-poekeith

·
Registered
26 Posts
Brilliant write up. I was able to see how the wiring clipped in on the new switch and how the switch mounted to the car, but I would have never thought of using the socket to get the switch out of the car. I would have been stuck for hours without that idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant write up. I was able to see how the wiring clipped in on the new switch and how the switch mounted to the car, but I would have never thought of using the socket to get the switch out of the car. I would have been stuck for hours without that idea.
Thanks for the feedback! I’m glad it helped you out, Markerveli! Happy roadstering! Little Bit’s Dad- Poekeith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts