Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could a fair Solstice owner snap a picture or two of the REAR of the head-unit. I think a number of us would find it vital to know what connections exist.

We will need pictures from the base stereo, the MP3 single CD, and the MP3 6-CD.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortimir said:
Could a fair Solstice owner snap a picture or two of the REAR of the head-unit. I think a number of us would find it vital to know what connections exist.

We will need pictures from the base stereo, the MP3 single CD, and the MP3 6-CD.
I would like to see them too, but I doubt that can be done without removing the stereo, which usually is not a fun job.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Editguy said:
I would like to see them too, but I doubt that can be done without removing the stereo, which usually is not a fun job.
I assumed as much, but there has to be someone who is also curious that doesn't mind taking the 10 minutes to do it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Maybe if you ask GMLinedog really nicely, he can try to stop by the radio installer station and snap a quick pic of them before they're actually in a car.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
SlySol said:
Maybe if you ask GMLinedog really nicely, he can try to stop by the radio installer station and snap a quick pic of them before they're actually in a car.
I think someone did ask that before and got no response. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to try again. ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
I've been checking out the HHR forum in case someone over riped out their stereo yet. So far no, but maybe one of th companies that did the chop on TLC might have some info. Looks like the same head units are going into the redesigned Vue too. I did send PAC an email earlier today to see if their adaptor would work.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
SlySol said:
One can not take pictures of the production line.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just want to know if there is a connection similar to this:

That would give us the option to add
  • A CD changer to the base or single-cd head unit
  • A hidden iPod connection that would allow the track information to be shown on the headunit.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
If nobody has done so yet by the time I get mine, I'll do it. I'm planning to do so anyway. I'll be taking various bits of the car apart within the first week. I'll take pics of everything.

·
2,574 Posts
2KWK4U said:
If nobody has done so yet by the time I get mine, I'll do it. I'm planning to do so anyway. I'll be taking various bits of the car apart within the first week. I'll take pics of everything.
When you do give the thread an obvious title so we'll know. Thanks quickster.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2KWK4U said:
That'd be awesome

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
does Gm still use the Radio as a programing device for the computer selectable options, like headlight delay, alarm chirp, auto locking options etc, My 2003 monte carlo uses the radio to set all that so it cannot be changed out for a different unit without messing up all your settings...
I was going to swap out the stereo in my 2004 Silverado and they told me the same thing about it.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Classic66vair said:
does Gm still use the Radio as a programing device for the computer selectable options, like headlight delay, alarm chirp, auto locking options etc, My 2003 monte carlo uses the radio to set all that so it cannot be changed out for a different unit without messing up all your settings...
I was going to swap out the stereo in my 2004 Silverado and they told me the same thing about it.
On a car like this, I wouldn't want to screw with how the dash looks, so I will have no problem keeping the stock head unit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Fortimir said:
On a car like this, I wouldn't want to screw with how the dash looks, so I will have no problem keeping the stock head unit.
Not even for something like this? This is the unit I was going to get when I get enough money again. Total cost would be around $2000 for the head unit, XM receiver, XM NavTraffic receiver, back-up camera, and TV Tuner. :) You can click on the picture to go to the Pioneer website.

And don't forget about the "Vehicle Dynamic Displays:"

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
blue_q said:
Not even for something like this? This is the unit I was going to get when I get enough money again. Total cost would be around $2000 for the head unit, XM receiver, XM NavTraffic receiver, back-up camera, and TV Tuner. :) You can click on the picture to go to the Pioneer website.

And don't forget about the "Vehicle Dynamic Displays:"

to me that is just something else to distract the driver from the task at hand... Driving... I actually saw someone yesterday reading a newspaper while driving... Gee what are these people thinking...
For me when I get my Sky i will be doing one thing, Driving and enjoying the experience... hang all the do-dads and just give me a simple to operate car with a simple to operate stereo....

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Classic66vair said:
to me that is just something else to distract the driver from the task at hand... Driving... I actually saw someone yesterday reading a newspaper while driving... Gee what are these people thinking...
The ultimate multitaskers :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts