Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of adding an aftermarket subwoofer to my car and would like to see some detailed pics of the subwoofer area ... in particular, the area behind the grill and mounting. In other words, not just a pic of the sub sitting behind the seat, but everything you would see if you removed or installed it

Obviously, I don't expect anybody to take it apart just for pics, but I'm sure there are others out there who are thinking of upgrading or adding stereo components and would appreciate somebody snapping some pics if they get to it. I'd also be interested in knowing the brand and model of sub is used in the car with the Monsoon system.

I got the car without the Monsoon system but plan to add my own sub at some point and would like to see exactly what's back there before digging into it.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I'll do it if someone does it first and it works. I'm talking about replacing the monsoon amp and fitting in a better sub

·
Registered
278 Posts
SlySol said:
I'd also be interested in knowing the brand and model of sub is used in the car with the Monsoon system.

I got the car without the Monsoon system but plan to add my own sub at some point and would like to see exactly what's back there before digging into it.
the brand and model of the stock monsoon system is OEM Pontiac, o possibly branded DELPHI. it is not aftermarket as you may be thinking.

behind that pannel is just a hole, not sure how deep it is, but ill let you know when i take one apart. the only one i know of to find out with has a base stereo, so it may be different.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Another idea might be to go to the Pontiac Dealer's parts department and see if they already have a book that shows the different parts for the Solstice, it may even be on their computer data base, just a thought.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tednelson83 said:
the brand and model of the stock monsoon system is OEM Pontiac, o possibly branded DELPHI. it is not aftermarket as you may be thinking.

behind that pannel is just a hole, not sure how deep it is, but ill let you know when i take one apart. the only one i know of to find out with has a base stereo, so it may be different.
Yeah, but I can't imagine that Pontiac actually makes the speaker ... they usually pick a known brand to designate as their OEM equipment. I would think it would have brand/model info on the back of the speaker, but that's just a guess.

My car has the base stereo and behind my passenger seat is just an indentation in the plastic for storing maps and such. The plastic is scored as if it's an outline of where to cut the hole for the sub. But this is only plastic and I'm thinking that behind it would be a metal hole where the sub could be securely mounted. Anyway, I'm curious just what it looks like and what kind of measurements are there ... I don't want to cut out the hole until I know what's back there and what speaker would fit best.

·
Registered
278 Posts
that plastic pannel comes off, and the holes i speak of are in the metal behind it. i was told that it comes off rather easly.

the speakers in my fieros, and different firebirds/camaros and other older GM cars i have torn apart were AC DELCO branded. nice speakers too. that would lead me to believe that they still do that. using either ac delco, or delphi.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I think SlySol is right, though, that the speakers are branded OEM but that they are made by other manufacturers (and to GM's specs).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.