Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Request for detailed Subwoofer pics and info

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Editguy 
SlySol said:
I'd also be interested in knowing the brand and model of sub is used in the car with the Monsoon system.

I got the car without the Monsoon system but plan to add my own sub at some point and would like to see exactly what's back there before digging into it.
the brand and model of the stock monsoon system is OEM Pontiac, o possibly branded DELPHI. it is not aftermarket as you may be thinking.

behind that pannel is just a hole, not sure how deep it is, but ill let you know when i take one apart. the only one i know of to find out with has a base stereo, so it may be different.

that plastic pannel comes off, and the holes i speak of are in the metal behind it. i was told that it comes off rather easly.

the speakers in my fieros, and different firebirds/camaros and other older GM cars i have torn apart were AC DELCO branded. nice speakers too. that would lead me to believe that they still do that. using either ac delco, or delphi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.