Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok looks like we are on for May 6th.

Same plan as last time. Enter and sign in please. I'll keep this first post updated with specifics.

Meet starts at Smyrna rest stop at 10 AM.

CONFIRMED
JustMike
Critterman
Disaster
TurboSol

MAYBE
SolsticeEnjoying

Need to confirm
-Lunch at Iron Hill Brewery and Restaurant in Wilmington 12:00 or so?
-Drive up on Rt. 9 and cut over to Newport to meet and greet at Banning
Park for more pictures?
-Possible drive by at the plant with additional pictures?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
;) Next Saturday right? I'm ther is the price of gas is under $4 ;)

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Critterman said:
;) Next Saturday right? I'm ther is the price of gas is under $4 ;)
Yea at this rate maybe we should just park them and look at them .... NAH :lol:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'm going to have to chime in as a maybe right now; Sunsted received some damage from road debris and may be in the shop. Minimally I'll need the entire front bumper replaced. :willy:

·
Registered
59 Posts
We're still game for the 6th, assuming the weather holds. Right now they're calling for showers, but its too far out to be sure. Interesting thing, several restaurants, including Iron Hill, are running a lunch/dinner thing that's being advertised in Spark magazine.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mr_Wizzard2004 said:
assuming the weather holds. Right now they're calling for showers, but its too far out to be sure.
SHHHHHH ;)

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
SolsticeEnjoying said:
I'm going to have to chime in as a maybe right now; Sunsted received some damage from road debris and may be in the shop. Minimally I'll need the entire front bumper replaced. :willy:

Ouch, on the VA Beach trip?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Yes, on the exit ramp to 64 from 295 in Richmond. I was the middle car (of the three Solstices convoying), and apparently the only one to incur damage from the debris. Here are a few pics of the bra damage. :cuss:

I'm scheduled to get it appraised on Tuesday. The bugger: GEICO - after telling me how happy they were to have me as a customer for 27 years - says running into road debris is "at fault" and will likely raise my rates! :brentil:

I'll take more pictures on Tuesday of the actual bumper damage - it's quite severe. The hard plastic spacer in back of the bumper actually fell out after the debris hit!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
Makes me want to cry. :(

·
Registered
994 Posts
SolsticeEnjoying said:
Yes, on the exit ramp to 64 from 295 in Richmond. I was the middle car (of the three Solstices convoying), and apparently the only one to incur damage from the debris. Here are a few pics of the bra damage. :cuss:
Sorry for your trouble.

I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to join the group. I have lots of baseball games to attend on most saturdays until the end of the season. :)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
SolsticeEnjoying said:

I'm scheduled to get it appraised on Tuesday. The bugger: GEICO - after telling me how happy they were to have me as a customer for 27 years - says running into road debris is "at fault" and will likely raise my rates! :brentil:

I'll take more pictures on Tuesday of the actual bumper damage - it's quite severe. The hard plastic spacer in back of the bumper actually fell out after the debris hit!
insurance letter emailed to you....hope it helps..let me know

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Critterman

are we looking at the same plan as before...same meeting place... then proceed to Smyrna???

·
Registered
994 Posts
Early report does look like rain. Sure would be nice to have one of these great weekdays left over for the weekend.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Slicer said:
Early report does look like rain. Sure would be nice to have one of these great weekdays left over for the weekend.
If we rain out this time then someone else should try and pick the date ... maybe I'm just bad luck :) I do know that you don't want to get behind me in the store checkout line ... I always get the slowest line!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Yes Paul same place the Antique Mall before the Bridge leaving at 0830 or 8:30 am for some of you. I would like a show of hands on who we can expect:

Critterman
PAO

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Can't make the first Sat. of the month. If weather is good I have to work; Saturday Night Street Car Shootout at the dragway. If weather is not good I won't have to work, but you probably won't have the run either. Maybe I'll get to meet some of you at the Ocean City Cruise? Pray for sun!:cool:

·
Registered
392 Posts
So far Saturday isn't looking good for me. I have yet to get someone to cover my on call hours at work. I'll keep trying but if I can't get someone I won't be able to make the run.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anybody else? :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
8:30??? Am???

Sheesh, that means I'd have to get up at 6 or so ('course I do it every weekday). Don't expect me, but IF I'm up early I may drive up to see you guys off. I've got a 1 o'clock back in DC....

Backstage

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok now the weather folks are calling for rain all day on Saturday :(

If they are still calling for rain all day on Saturday tomorrow evening then I am going to call off this date and someone with better luck then me can give the scheduling duty a shot :lol:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts