Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused. I someone is on the wait list and they get the call that their car has arrived and go to the dealer with another buyer, they wont sell it to them? Also, what happens if the person on the waitlist titles the car in their name and then the next day turns around and sells it? :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
wingo said:
I am confused. I someone is on the wait list and they get the call that their car has arrived and go to the dealer with another buyer, they wont sell it to them? Also, what happens if the person on the waitlist titles the car in their name and then the next day turns around and sells it? :cool:
I'm a little confused on the first part, but on the 2nd part once you own something (take title) it's yours to do what ever you like with.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
wingo said:
I am confused. I someone is on the wait list and they get the call that their car has arrived and go to the dealer with another buyer, they wont sell it to them?
From my understanding there might be two answers here.
1. If you mean an actual EOP (1000) car, the answer as I understand it is; NO, you cannot sell the "option" to buy the car. You personally, the registrant / winner MUST make the purchase, or the car reverts back to GM/PMD and they assign it to the next EOP wait list person. How they would get it from point A to point B is undisclosed.

2. If you mean one of the first wave of production cars going to people on the wait list (like me), then my understanding is that this is just an ordinary (well, not really, but) car in the dealer showroom and you can allow anyone to buy it from your 'reservation".

Of course, pricing and the sale would be by the Pontiac dealer and you would make NO money on the transaction unless it was a side cash deal. Those people who are not dealers hoping to profit from their luck getting an early Sol will have to actually sell a used car as stated by mceb! And how easy do you think it will be to find someone willing to pay significantly more than MSRP for a used Solstice? They could just as easily, and more cheaply, start calling right now and locate an unreserved car at a smaller dealer and fly there to pick it up new!

Just my take on it for two cents worth!
:seeya:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not Necessarily

First 1K Owner said:
From my understanding there might be two answers here.
1. If you mean an actual EOP (1000) car, the answer as I understand it is; NO, you cannot sell the "option" to buy the car. You personally, the registrant / winner MUST make the purchase, or the car reverts back to GM/PMD and they assign it to the next EOP wait list person. How they would get it from point A to point B is undisclosed.

2. If you mean one of the first wave of production cars going to people on the wait list (like me), then my understanding is that this is just an ordinary (well, not really, but) car in the dealer showroom and you can allow anyone to buy it from your 'reservation".

Of course, pricing and the sale would be by the Pontiac dealer and you would make NO money on the transaction unless it was a side cash deal. Those people who are not dealers hoping to profit from their luck getting an early Sol will have to actually sell a used car as stated by mceb! And how easy do you think it will be to find someone willing to pay significantly more than MSRP for a used Solstice? They could just as easily, and more cheaply, start calling right now and locate an unreserved car at a smaller dealer and fly there to pick it up new!

Just my take on it for two cents worth!
:seeya:
There is no legal way a dealer can make you pay for the car. The car is ordered under your name and can be delivered only to you. That is the extent of what the dealer can demand. From what I have seen at dealerships in the past, you (name on order) can bring in any buyer and sign the release of the order. Once you sign the release the car can be paid for and registered by anyone you designate.

·
5,641 Posts
Delnari said:
There is no legal way a dealer can make you pay for the car. The car is ordered under your name and can be delivered only to you. That is the extent of what the dealer can demand. From what I have seen at dealerships in the past, you (name on order) can bring in any buyer and sign the release of the order. Once you sign the release the car can be paid for and registered by anyone you designate.

Actually to take delivery of a first 1000 Solstice the verified person who ordered/purchased it needs, to show a Valid driver's license, to pay all taxes and title fees, and show proof of insurance in their name. So technically, anyone with a first 1000 EOP car has to take delivery of it. What happens after they title it in their name is up to them.

But you are right, they don't have to pay for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts