Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had Mobile One put in the car today...but, I noticed after I left the dealer that they had not reset my oil life in the DIC. Anyone know the procedure to do this?

Thanks

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am usually not very good with these things but went to the manual as suggested...And, it was not too bad to reset.

For those technically challenged, simply place your key in the ignition and turn to run (but without starting the car).

Depress both the information and reset buttons simultaneously, with the finger on the information button, simply depress again...

You will be given a message indicator confirming that you have reset the oil life on your car.

That's it!

Now if I could just program my favorite radio stations and change my clock!

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
If I'm not mistaken you can also put the key in the car but don't turn it on and press the gas peddle to the floor 3 times to reset it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ahhhhgressive said:
read your owners manual!!!!!!
the answer lies within...
Your answer defeats the purpose of this forum... to help each other out!
thats like asking someone for directions and being told "look on the map" :(

·
Registered
543 Posts
chefmartin said:
If I'm not mistaken you can also put the key in the car but don't turn it on and press the gas peddle to the floor 3 times to reset it.
You mean the gas peddle will reset that easily? My-O-My :leaving:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey little red!... you can't use the same avatar as me, i've got it copyrighted!!
But, for 1000$ a month, you can use it... ;) :)

Host, the only way to avoid a jones/smith feud is to remove the 30 day period for personal avatar *cought* hint *cought* ;)

·
5,641 Posts
chefmartin said:
That works on several older cars with a oil life monitor (like the last generation Grand Prixs I believe), but not the Solstice.

The best part of that system based on things I have read, is that you do not actually have to press the pedal to the floor, you only have to go to 97% of throttle openning to do it. Oh those wacky engineers and programmers. :lol:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Kid-Colt said:
Your answer defeats the purpose of this forum... to help each other out!
thats like asking someone for directions and being told "look on the map" :(
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him to fish and ... :jester:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeap. And gets many tasty recipes and seasoning suggestions to try or combine for his own personal fav. Love the forums. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts