Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RESPECT!!! SERIOUS ISSUES_ Solstice Forum Picture this, you are a movie star, world-renowned opera tenor, or Michael Jordan, and you are driving about, or you stop in an area where ordinary people are out and about.

That’s the hoopla and attention that’s all around when I am stopped at a signal light, or parking at a local store, It is incredible.

While I respect the Porsche and BMW’s horsepower, and design, trust me the design and look of those vehicles cannot compete with the Solstice. Yes I said it, no I have not bumped my head. If you don’t know you will soon find out, once you receive your Solstice.

I submit Solstice owners should never mention, nor entertain conversation regarding a Miata whatever it’s called.

Solstice is more than a hit, not even the Jag can compete with the Solstice design. That’s my opinion and I stand by it.

YOU WILL SEE!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
555 said:
RESPECT!!! SERIOUS ISSUES_ Solstice Forum Picture this, you are a movie star, world-renowned opera tenor, Michael Jordan, and you are driving about, or you stop in an area where ordinary people are out and about.

That’s the hoopla and attention that’s all around when I am stop at a signal light, or parking at a local store, It is incredible.

While I respect the Porsche and BMW’s horsepower, and design, trust me the design and look of those vehicles cannot compete with the Solstice. Yes I said it, no I have not bumped my head. If you don’t know you will soon find out, once you receive your Solstice.

I submit Solstice owners should never mention, nor entertain conversation regarding a Miata whatever it’s called.

Solstice is more than a hit, not even the Jag can compete with the Solstice design. That’s my opinion and I stand by it.

YOU WILL SEE!

I didn't know Michael Jordan sang tenor! :lol:

·
Registered
936 Posts
555 said:
RESPECT!!! SERIOUS ISSUES_ Solstice Forum Picture this, you are a movie star, world-renowned opera tenor, Michael Jordan, and you are driving about, or you stop in an area where ordinary people are out and about.

That’s the hoopla and attention that’s all around when I am stop at a signal light, or parking at a local store, It is incredible.

YOU WILL SEE!

You are so cruel! we are dying to get our cars and you have to tantalize us with this. It only makes the wait harder. Keep it coming anyway.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've seen Corvettes and Boxters get this kind of attention in my slice of small town America....I can't even imagine what kind of attention the Solstice will get down here in podunk!

·
Registered
73 Posts
555 said:
RESPECT!!! SERIOUS ISSUES_ Solstice Forum Picture this, you are a movie star, world-renowned opera tenor, or Michael Jordan, and you are driving about, or you stop in an area where ordinary people are out and about.

That’s the hoopla and attention that’s all around when I am stopped at a signal light, or parking at a local store, It is incredible.

YOU WILL SEE!

:agree: :agree: :agree: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

555 you couldn't be more right.

Its fun to watch everyone turn there heads at the intersections, or have people talk to you while you are sitting at a light. The solstice looks much better in person! All other cars just look boring now.

·
Registered
504 Posts
What I have experienced,something akin to what you write, was only among the Harley crowd in 94.Having procured the first Road King model in Western New York,a very select crowd at that.Can't wait to have Joe Public get aload of the Solstice. :thumbs: :cool:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even Bikers stop to take a look.

SATCH said:
What I have experienced,something akin to what you write, was only among the Harley crowd in 94.Having procured the first Road King model in Western New York,a very select crowd at that.Can't wait to have Joe Public get aload of the Solstice. :thumbs: :cool:

Even Bikers stop to take a look.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ura

9_Ball_Slim said:
I've seen Corvettes and Boxters get this kind of attention in my slice of small town America....I can't even imagine what kind of attention the Solstice will get down here in podunk!
U_R_A Unidentified Rolling Automobile

·
Registered
10 Posts
Man, oh, man... Am i stoked for you!!! I cant wait to order mine, even though i wont see it until mid year next year, i will see all what people say and do to thiers. So when i finally get mine, i will know what to do, or not to do... With all new cars there will be ups, and downs, recalls and the such, so hopefully you guys will work out all the kinks, IF they are any at all... ;) ... I hope you keep us up to date with your ride experience. Thanks for the INPUT!! Later........... :blueangel

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
555 said:
U_R_A Unidentified Rolling Automobile
I believe it was Steve Martin and Bill Murray in an SNL skit:

"What the hell is it?.......I don't know.......what the hell is that?"

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
555 said:
YOU WILL SEE!
OOOHHH!!! I can't WAIT for that feeling! Not that I'm an attention whore, but it will certainly be fun to be the center of attention wherever I go. It's already been established here on the forum and I have every plan of leaving the house 30 minutes earlier for work, due to the fact that I'm likely to get caught up with questions from anyone in the parking lot when I pull up. This is going to be so exciting!

AHHH!!! I can barely stand to wait any longer! :willy:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
SATCH said:
I know exactly what you mean. Three years ago I took delivery of an 03 V-Rod, 100th anniverary, two-tone silver/black. It got tons of attention then and is rare enough around here tpday that is still gets plenty of gaukers and comments. Since the Solstice will be equally or perhaps even more scarse I'm sure we all need to be prepared for a similar response!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I got the same response when I bought my Hemi Dodge Magnum. We took a trip to Maine a couple weeks after buying it and we got people at every rest stop and gas station looking at it. When I stopped at the Harley dealer in Caribu Maine the service guys all came out to look it over and I would set in the restaurants and watch customers coming in or out stop to look it over. That was last year and I still get some lookers at gas stations even now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jag Owner Would Like to Trade

This guy walked up walked around Lord Bennett XVII, and began asking questions. The guy was seriously affected by the Solstice; he looked at his Jag and said “I think I am going to trade that Jag in for a Solstice”. I advised him that he would have to get in line for an extensive wait. He replied by saying he didn’t care. I asked him if he was really going to consider trading in his Jag, and he stated he had two.

I don’t know, he appeared comfortable, nevertheless take it or leave it, don’t hate the messenger if you are a non-believer. I grant you this you will believe soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts