Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call an hour ago from Steven Malloy. He works for Pontiac in Austin, Texas. He was responding to my letter to Pontiac about Champion Pontiac of North Houston:

October 20, 2005

Pontiac Customer Service
P O Box 33172
Detroit, MI 48232-5172

RE: 2006 Pontiac Solstice VIN 1G2MB33B96Y101319
File 1-369713703 (I spoke this morning with Customer Service)

Dear Pontiac:

I gave a deposit to Champion Pontiac/GMC of Houston, Texas on February 8, 2005 for the purchase of a 2006 Pontiac Solstice. I did not ask for any discount from MSRP and Champion made no mention of their intent to charge $3,000 over MSRP. The understanding was that the car would be sold for MSRP.

On April 15, 2005 I was at the dealership before 2 PM Central time to attempt to obtain one of the First 1000. I received a print-out showing that my order was registered. The dealership said that meant I was one of the First 1000. Apparently they were incorrect about that, since I obviously did not receive one of the First 1000. Again, there was no mention of any discount or premium.

Finally in July 2005 I received a call from the salesman to update me on the progress of the car. I was then told there would be a $3,000 premium. I said that was wrong, that there was no agreement for a discount or a premium. He told me he was just the salesman and it was not his decision.

The car arrived October 15, 2005 and I was at the dealership to pick up my car. My salesman gave me the papers to sign, indicating the price of $26,320 plus TT&L, which was $3,000 over MSRP. I objected and the salesman went to get the sales manager. The sales manager told me it was take it or leave it. What could I do? I had waited EIGHT months for the car.

The sales manager returned and told me he had been authorized to add the GMPP value plan for 60 months/75,000 mile zero deductible at no charge. He told me the retail price on this plan was $1,895. I believe that to be an outright lie, since I have been told the GMPP major guard plan for the same terms has a retail price of $1,470, and that is a better plan. I could have purchased that major guard plan from another dealership for $1,000, so Champion Pontiac ripped me off again.

Don't tell me there is nothing you can do since dealerships are independent companies. Champion Pontiac has violated Pontiac's STRONG urging to sell the Solstice at MSRP. You can control their allocations. You can punish them for their evil, for making Pontiac look bad, and for their lies. I expect a reply to this. Thank you.

Well, Steven told me they are looking into this, and he just wanted to let me know about that. Thank you, Steven, it's nice to be heard! Way to go, Pontiac. :grouphug:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Good letter!!

It would be so awesome if he called you and said that there was a $3,000 check coming your way and that the GMPP will be left on for your troubles!!
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

- bspate -

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
bspate: I'm an optimist. I've always been an optimist. I will always be an optimist.

But I gotta tell you, YOU are a dreamer! :)

:leaving:

EDIT: What about the sales tax on the $3000 refund? Can I have that too (in your dream, I'm sure).

·
Registered
201 Posts
to hear gizmo. My job has nothing to do with cars, but it is a sales job with the same sort of contracted situation. My company carries that companies name brand and reputation with every sale. Because of this, we have certain expectations placed upon us that we have to meet. If we don't, we can have our licensing pulled. It may take several more complaints for something like that to happen to Champion Pontiac, but they certainly have to have that capability.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point, Ralph.

A guy in Miami owned a bunch of McDonald's franchises. After numerous warnings from Corporate to keep the restaurants clean (which he ignored), McDonald's said: You WILL sell us back the restaurants. Here's what you get for them. Obviously, the franchise agreement stipulated how the figure would be calculated.

He took his millions from McDonald's and opened up a chain called Wags.

The late and great Ray Krok would visit units around the country. First thing he would do is check the men's room. If it was dirty, he would clean it up, then go tell the manager on duty: Hey, your men's room was filthy. No, don't worry about it now, I cleaned it for you. By the way, my name is Ray Krok!

I would have died if that ever happened to me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts