Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Solstice, 2.4L 5 Speed, Dark Gray with a good looking dude behind the wheel. (My Son)
226 Posts
Thanks, i get to pretend i don't live in a big city when i am home, then head out the front door and chase the dollar for work.

Like most people that live here for a long time, i do look forward to retirement (also open to winning the lottery sooner) and being away from the big city noise, smell, crime and traffic.
Hopefully someday on a lake. A place that has seasons and weather.. With a barn or so of space for cars and a boat and a lift and a workshop and a wood shop and and and... :)
Have I got a deal for you....................
Just kidding, my wife has sworn she won't move again.

Rams

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
I appreciate the EDAG tops for what they are, just not my personal taste. The one off flip top that ChopTop posted has the same Edag “vibe” for me, thus not of my personal tastes. Hope that clarifies my response :)
HH you mentioned in post #23 "to my knowledge there has never been a hard top that allows one to open the trunk of the Sol." That's why I posted the above pics to show that someone had made a hardtop that still allowed you to get into the trunk. He made a couple different variations of the lift up hardtop.

He's the same guy who made this top below. It's basically the same top, but he grafted a 240Z? rear hatch glass onto it. He thought about making & selling these tops on the forum but not enough interest was show. AFAIK, he only sold one. His name currently escapes me but he's from Canada.

HH, sorry I know you're trying to keep this thread on track.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The above tops I posted are not EDAG tops. They are one off custom tops that attached to the decklid hinges in order to be able to access the trunk. He's the same guy who made this top (pics below) using a 240Z? hatch and grafting onto another top he made. His name currently escapes me but he's from Canada. I posted the above pics to show that someone had made a hardtop that still allowed you to get into the trunk.

View attachment 117801
View attachment 117802
Yup ChopTop. I get it, what you first posted is not an EDAG top but it still has something about it that reminds me of the EDAG that I do not care for.
I actually like EDAG tops on the Sol/Sky, i just wouldn't personally choose it.

This last one is cool but I assume its a one off and not commercially available...

·
Registered
283 Posts
HH you mentioned in post #23 "to my knowledge there has never been a hard top that allows one to open the trunk for the Sol." That's why I posted the above pics to show that someone had made hardtop that still allowed you to get into the trunk. He made a couple different variations of the lift up hardtop.

He's the same guy who made this top below. It's basically the same top, but he grafted a 240Z? rear hatch glass into. He thought about making & selling these tops on the forum if there was enough interest. AFAIK, he only sold one. His name currently escapes me but he's from Canada.

HH, sorry I know you're trying to keep this thread on track.

View attachment 117801
View attachment 117802
I believe his name was Chris Nankoo

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
3,880 Posts
Nankoo Design is the persons username. hasn't been active since May 2, 2016

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
3,880 Posts
he is active on Facebook tho

·
Registered
709 Posts
@HHGadget, as you once told @marksbug ; here it is you that are also doing the Lord's work so to speak.
This top looks really nice (better than the Clubsport one in my opinion!), and with this shape I would have it painted color-matched to your car's colour. This way you would kinda have both a Coupe and a Roadster. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with the project!

By the way. The Nankoo top looks even better in my opinion! I imagined it being rigged/wired to open with the trunk release button. Install a connector on the trunk release wiring, so that you can switch between the OEM decklid latch, and the hardtop rear hatch latch.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
1,560 Posts
that nankool does look sweet. there are some very affordable tops of this type for the porch boxters and 997&996's that looks awesome,I had talked with them years ago about possiably making one for the old 356 speedster Porsche guys and then again for the solstice.I think if they had gotten enough request they would of done it. I saw thier stuff on flebay.very nice.cant remember the name.

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
he is active on Facebook tho

Ahh French Canadian. His FB page is also super minimal, though my FB search-fu is very weak, don't normally use the site. He currently has a rear end pic of a heavily modified Blueberry Yogurt colored Sky up there.

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Tell me more...?
<leaves the room after kindling the neighbour county flame wars> :ROFLMAO:
Meaning... It's in French and my ignorant American but ain't bi-lingual. I did take 4 years of french in high school but only as part of my foolish adolescent plans of impressing the ladies. Needless to say I didnt learn the language of love till much later :p

41 - 54 of 54 Posts