Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys,

This is Matt with esaabparts. I thought it would be much better for me to join and post here to better explain everything.

The short story is there is now much better news and I have complete reservoirs! But here is the sequence of events.

1. Richard contacts me about RHD 93172093 reservoirs. We order 2 from Sweden.
2. The 2 reservoirs get in from Sweden and everything looks great, they are complete kits with the cap + bushings + level sensor.

3. So, I order 10 more and start taking orders.
4. Those 10 get in and they are incomplete, they are just bare reservoirs and in a different box than the previous 2 were. There were signs on them that someone had removed the bushings that were once on there and thus everything else.

5. I tried to make the best of the situation to uphold my end and I bought 2 level sensors, bushings, and caps from Saab (only 2 level sensors were available) and shipped 2 more kits out that I had orders for at a $20 loss each after buying the extra parts separately.
6. After being unable to find another way to make this work, since I had promised these to be shipped out almost 2 weeks prior at this point, I had no choice but to refund those who had pending orders because I couldn't take another $20 loss on every single order. At that point, I really felt like I let everyone down.
7. Today, Friday the 19th, my 2nd order of 10 show up and they are RIGHT!! Just like the first 2!

Now I have 9 complete kits sitting here. Well, 10, but Richard the OP is owed a 2nd kit still.

Since these 9 kits still had the same cost as they were originally supposed to be, that means the price will not be changing on these. I'll stick to that same price of $57.50 + $6.99 shipping via USPS Priority.

https://www.esaabparts.com/getpn.php?id=93172093

It's currently almost 8pm here in Sturgis. Any orders in by 11am MST tomorrow will ship out tomorrow. First come first serve on these.

I greatly appreciate you guys working with me on this and I do apologize for the hassles. I wanted to do it right, but when it came to having to lose money to fulfill the orders, I just couldn't do it as a small business. You all have been wonderful to deal with and I hope you will give me a 2nd chance here to save face.

Kindest regards,
Matt
Owner, eSaabParts.com

·
Registered
174 Posts
Matt, thanks so much for all the hard work on this! I don't have much more to offer beyond thanks; hopefully I can steer my Saab-owning neighbors your way someday. Dave

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
I just ordered one of the remaining 6. Thanks Richard for all the hard work on both fronts. I bought four of the mirrors, one for a friend and one for me and two for people looking for them in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Not sure what a complete unit is have not read the whole thread.

Light as feather, but does have a cap, electrical connecton and a couple of connection areas.

Exactly what does it do over the stock one? I have never had any problems with mine, but figured it was time to put on the big brakes, change the fluid, so doing it all at once was the answer.

Thanks Richard for doing this. I doubt I ever need it, but it will be in the car to do its job.

·
Registered
7,238 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Probably the final note...

All TS said and all I've posted pretty well explains this to exhaustion.

Maybe I'll post a photo of looking down the filler into the reservoir and you can see the baffling.

esaabparts (Matt) has a very nice billet cap that fits the Solstice stock reservoir fine, but does not fit this reservoir. This is odd but the threads are different. Would not hurt to buy a spare cap for this reservoir, if you're into this for the long haul.

I am thankful for Matt, and for us, that the second shipment is the same as our test shipment (GM made in Germany), complete. That level sensor piece is half the cost of the sum of the parts if you were buying each piece separately which is the way this was looking initially. That would have put the cost back at original GMPP pricing.

Please share this information since these may disappear again. We got lucky that Matt stepped up and took a chance.

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
And where did the fancy cap on the TS photo come from?

I know that Robotech and Gassor are our local guys that do a lot of auto crossing. I have never tried it because my car is just too low. Worried about whacking a cone and destroying a fender or side skirt. I know I had to give Robo one of my spare inner fenders a while back.

But neither have ever complained about the brake fluid spilling out when racing. I am going to check into this, because if it sets taller, I have Werks metal enclosures and it might not fit. I am more show than go unless the three of us are out on cruise. I need to check the wife's car, she drives it way harder than I drive mine. May end up just putting it on hers.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
The image is from the Solstice performance book. It's a commonly found image and back in the day there was also an extension for the filler as well. The cap and extension are on a par with the "Big Mirror" as to rarity.

Richard

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
I don't think it even gets close. These things were available. The big mirrors never have been, and actually still aren't. At this moment there are 6 sets of the big mirrors world wide. I am sure that is going to grow, until you found them there were 4 counting the one 2010 Opel GT that made it to Europe.

I talked with Robotech and Gassor, both who autocross nearly every race available in SoCal. Most are only during the summer months. They have never experienced the fluid leaking from the reservoir.

I have never seen it on my car and I drive mine on a very steep twisty mountain road. I think I am going to pass on installing it. I have one, and do plan on taking a stab at the autocross deal this summer if the car is running properly.

I am sure it is a great idea, but for me, it appears it raises the unit too high and the enclosure for it would not fit. Would look bad in my car.

Again Richard thanks for finding both of these items.

I sent off the mirror to the Canadian gentleman that wanted one. I now understand why the original seller did not want to mess with sending it to Canada. Standard rate, 39.00 for delivery with in 5 to 6 weeks. Priority Mail 42.00 for 6 to 10 days. Plus filling out the extra paper work. But he has a full set. We will see what he thinks when he gets them installed.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Let's go for 8...

OK, guys, let's go for 8 sets (with your help) and we know there are probably more. I just need to find the elusive, but apparently "plentiful" at one time, passenger mirror. Then I will have a happy GXP with rear vision.

I appreciate any leads or just someone who wants to sell one when I hopefully have some spare "car cash" to use.

Looking forward to seeing installed mirror and reservoir photos posted.

Here's to a good weekend.

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
JohnWR are you planning on putting them on? I know Source one was selling the passenger side up to about 3 years ago. I bought one just in case this ever happened. I would think the guys on the board that wanted them bought the passenger side up. I know Robert Neighbours bought the passenger side, but was counting him in the total.

I really don't care how rare they are, I just know how much safer they make the car. Not that it is dangerous. I drive an FJ Cruiser, I know what blind spots/walls are. lol

41 - 60 of 76 Posts