Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,474 Posts
I'm not sure what I am going to do with them, and yes, I bought one of the passenger side from SourceOne a while back.

I find it amusing whenever you mention them being un-noticed, but I did trial fit the passenger side when I first bought it. It may have been because it is black and the car is carbon flash (ie: black metallic) but just about everyone that saw the car immediately asked about the different mirror.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
I have never been asked about them, but mine are the exact same color as the car. No one has ever asked about them on the green car and it has been posted on this forum numerous times.

It took me telling Robotech they were on the car for him to notice them. I think being a different color would draw attention to them or any other mirror for that matter.

I had both cars at the National in Denver/Black Hawk. No one noticed them. I would think if they were that big of an issue, people that attend the National would have mentioned them. But not a single person did. The first weekend I had them on the car we had a run with the San Diego Roadster club. I think about 20 cars, all were told there was a major modification made to the car. No one including the president of the club who has owned a Solstice since they hit the road, and it a lead Tech for Toyota. A real car guy. Never did see them. I had to tell them what the modification was.

I would never take them off. But I admit, I was very hesitant about putting them on. As I only bought both sets to keep someone else from getting them. Lets just say he was not a favorite of mine. But he was exactly right about them coming out of the wood work in a few years. I really don't know how many the seller has, but more than he listed is what he told me. I haven't looked at the Ebay add since I bought the four. I only bought one from Source One, so I now have two extra driver side mirrors. My guess is someone will be looking for them in a few months.

I sold the one to Robert Neighbours for exactly what it cost me, plus the shipping to Canada.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Got my 2 reservoirs today. Thanks to all who did the leg work to put this together! Shipping only took 3 days.

I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There was a lot of discussion herein and I've gotten a little lost. Is there a link to purchase the reservoir or was this sort of a group buy?

·
Super Moderator
6,474 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Got my reservoir yesterday! All set for a weekend project.

Thank you Matt for the quick delivery and thank you Richard and all who helped dig these tanks out from deep inside a European warehouse.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just ordered one, and they shipped it same day. Supposed to be delivered on 12-31. I am suspect it will be delivered on new years eve, but we will see.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts