Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading out to a dealer ride & drive tomorrow at RFK stadium. I'll post tomorrow night how it goes...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wrong info...

Sorry...I meant FedEX field.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Soltice Ride and Drive at PG Equestrian CTR

Hey all,

I got word that that Pontiac was having a Ride & Drive at the Prince Georges Co. Equestrian Ctr last Friday the 2nd. Sure enough, they were there in all their splendor. I have to say that I thought that the Silver color and the green colors looked really good in the sunlight (I could see myself in the silver one though). I stood in the background while I watched various Pontiac Dealers take a ride through a course set up in the Center's parkling lot. They compared Soltice with the Miata (not Mx-5) and the Honda s2000. The engine growl sounded really good as the Pontiac sponsor drove through the course, tires screeching and all. Truly a professional driver. However, i must say that on a negative point, I will not be buying a Soltice or a Sky :( . The problem is, is that I am 6'6" with long legs (38") inseam. I could not even get my legs to touch the accelerator. My knees basically lodged in between the steering wheel and the center console. it was like getting into a go-kart. While watching the other dealers take turns driving the solstice, I noticed that many of the taller dealers either, did not drive at all, or hitched a ride with the front pace car, or rode in the passenger side.

In conclusion, I have been studying this car for a year and a half now. I was so excited that Pontiac was building a roadster that I presume d would be larger for taller people to fit in (since Bob Lutz could fit in it. I thought at least he could feel my dilemna) I guess now, i will have to settle for a used BMW 325/330, since it is the only car which gives me enough legroom to fit in comfortably. This is very agonizing because it reminds me of when I was kid and i could not ride a Bigwheel with my friends because my legs were too long.

·
Registered
905 Posts
That's a shame you won't be able to get one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.