Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 GXP that I bought new. It seems that for the last 2 or 3 months that the ride is getting worse. I know that the suspension is firm but it's really getting bad.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone offer advice?

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
What do you mean by "the ride is getting worse"? More firm or stiff? Harsher?

How many miles on your GXP?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
If you mean on bumpy pot hole roads. That is just normal. If you have added the DDM Probeam, LV Brace or the DDM Backbone that would explain it also.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Since it got cold? My ride gets noticeably harsher in the cold.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I haven't made any mods on suspension or chassis. Not a cold weather issue. Driving over the same roads that I always do it just seems that the ride is much more rougher than before. Maybe I'm just getting older.
Oh yes, 28,000 miles. A bit soon for shocks to wear out.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Wasn't there a tsb on leaky struts as well?

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Wouldn't a leaky/failing shock give a soft-floaty ride? Never heard of a bad shock giving a harsher ride - I could only imagine that if it had seized.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Yeah jwally, maybe you ARE just getting old. :lol:

You didn't have work done on the car where they might have over inflated the tires?

Rented a car in Hawaii a few days ago and after driving the car for two days and on the way back to return it, I flipped throughout the DIC. Three tires were at 47 psi and one was at 26 yet NO TPMS warning at all. 26 isn't bad but I guess the system doesn't warn ya' about high pressure. I had thought the harsh ride was be because it was a base model.

Something else to have a look at anyway.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Bob but tires are at 29 psi

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yes, Jwally, mine has also started 'breaking down' after about 34-35k miles. Lots more jiggles and squeaks, and hearing more air noise from where the windows hit the top. Some of the problems I can fault on the roads I ride but, like you said, it didn't seem to be oticeable for me until a feww months ago.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes, Jwally, mine has also started 'breaking down' after about 34-35k miles. Lots more jiggles and squeaks, and hearing more air noise from where the windows hit the top. Some of the problems I can fault on the roads I ride but, like you said, it didn't seem to be oticeable for me until a feww months ago.
Sorry to hear about the issues you're having. I can check for special coverages of open recalls if you would like to see if any relate to the issues you're describing. If you plan to have it looked at by a dealership, please let us know. If sending a PM, please include your mileage, name, contact information, VIN#, situation, and the name of the dealership doing the work. I hope this is resolved quickly for you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Mine got so bad, at least to me. That I traded it off when I got back from my last Fl trip after Christmas. Good luck with yours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts