Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I spoke to my dealer he said that if I want 1 of the first 1000 he would do everything he can to help me. Not making any promises. The thing that he said about the first 1000 in the ID# program cannot be refused. The person that the car is alloted to has to buy it or they loose cars to their allocation. This was so no one cheated at dealers and took a bunch of the first 1000 and not have people for them. They would be penelized if whos name on the build sheet didnt take it. What if i dont like it once it gets there. The way it drives or fits. He was saying really on this program you cant refuse the car or it hurts them. Anyone hear anything like this? Thanks. Sorry if asked somewhere else didnt see it anywhere.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I've never heard anyhitng like this at all yet. My dealer that I pre-ordered with adn I'm trying to get one of the Apprentice 1000 through has already signed a contract with me, and has told me I can cancel the car even afte delivery. I mean really, what if someone orders a car and they don't fit in it at all. How are they going to force you to buy a car you couldn't even drive home?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
John, I wouldn't worry about it. You can refuse the car, he just doesn't want it to hit his allocation. He isn't saying you can't refuse the car. He's just trying to make you feel bad if you order the car and don't like it.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The place I pre-ordered from is concerned one bit if i take it or not. They're 100% sure they can sell it not matter how I spec it. Especially since a dealer can order the parts needed to add options to a car if they needed to to sell it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
todd_raleigh said:
John, I wouldn't worry about it. You can refuse the car, he just doesn't want it to hit his allocation. He isn't saying you can't refuse the car. He's just trying to make you feel bad if you order the car and don't like it.

The dealer said it doesnt matter if I order a solstice from his normal allocation or the 1000. He also said he would just charge me sticker on anyone of them I order. He said that the first 1000 just have differnt rules for them. Whoever it is ordered for is who has to take it or they loose cars to their allocation. Just thinking with this first 1000 we all better be sure what were getting into.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I got the distinct impression the dealer I left a deposit with hoped I wouldn't want the car when it arrived. That way they could throw a huge mark up on it and sell it to some other poor soul for a bigger profit.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
DreamerDave said:
I got the distinct impression the dealer I left a deposit with hoped I wouldn't want the car when it arrived. That way they could throw a huge mark up on it and sell it to some other poor soul for a bigger profit.

:yesnod: Got that right!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Another thing that GM can't control is what if a customer gets in the 1/1000 program, the car gets delivered to the dealer and then 1. the customer or close family member dies 2. the customer's credit tanks and he/she can't get approved for the car. GM is not going to come and remove that car from the lot. Whether they bump it from regular allocation that's a completely different story

1 - 8 of 8 Posts