Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Welcome to the party :)

Not that it matters but those pics are the concept Solstice (2002) not the production model.

·
Banned
69 Posts
I like the first ones, and the Very last ones on that page.

The rest look like stupid wannabe blinger rims.

And the second ones look like Knock-off 18" M3 rims...and i would know i own one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dig the last ones, as well. Nicely understated.

Also, to make this clear... This is in no way my opinion of what the rims SHOULD be.

It's just always nice to see what a difference rims make. (In case Joe-Shmoe next door snags himself a Solstice, too.)

::devious

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Skyolstice said:
I like the first ones, and the Very last ones on that page.

The rest look like stupid wannabe blinger rims.

And the second ones look like Knock-off 18" M3 rims...and i would know i own one.

lol

Not knock-off M3 rims, my friend... They ARE M3 rims. I also put ferrari rims on them, as well. -quite easy to spot.

::devious

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thanks for the pics...I've always believed rims can make or break a car.

That being said I will not be replacing mine. I don't get to excited about a car having owned literally dozens of them from real classics to daily drivers. I find nothing lacking in the Solstice, absolutely nothing. It is hands down the best looking vehicle I have ever seen in photo's or in person. I like it better than my old jag, E-type, vette, fiat, 240Z, better than all of 'em. Looks are obviously subjective but I consider myself to be extremely lucky...someone has actually built a car for me.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...yeah baby

I like the "stock" rims. I also like the elongated look of that concept sol. I think I will put mine in a stretcher when I get it. :cool:

·
Registered
245 Posts
the bottom rims look good, but try some more and see what else you can come up with.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
WaitingForBoost said:
I don't care for any of them. They all look 2" too big, some more.
They look 2" too big because if I remember correctly the concept Solstice had 20" rims.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Very cool i'll go for the wire but dont know if i would enjoy cleaning them. most are real cool could do without #3. always thought the rims were the weakest part of the cars styling.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts