Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holla everyone I am new to the forums but have been reading a lot of great info.

- Can anyone tell me about this set of front bumper and skirts?
- Does anyone have this on there car?
- How low will this make the car sit in the front compared to the current stock bumper?

06-up Pontiac Solstice Body Kits from RK Sport at Andy's Auto Sport

I have broken the bottom of my front bumper and it will cost me a fortune to get it fixed with the current setup. I like the way this looks but I have a few questions:

- How hard is it to change out this for a GXP? Is there a tutorial somewhere?
- Is there another front end for a GXP that I might not have found?
- Is there somewhere I can replace the current bumper for less than $600

AGAIN, thanks so much for the info ahead of time. Any answers to my questions are much appreciated!

Jay

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
- How hard is it to change out this for a GXP? Is there a tutorial somewhere?
Only if RKSport provides instruction, few folks have bought or done custom fasica's but don't remember reading a post of how it was done or explained in detail.

- Is there another front end for a GXP that I might not have found?
This:Pontiac Solstice Parts, Solstice Car Parts
Not sure anyone bought it or expressed how it turned out.

- Is there somewhere I can replace the current bumper for less than $600
Occasionally someone will advertise a front GXP fascia (Bus is cheapest to ship and your local bus station can track as long as seller provides tracking number, and expect it to take a couple weeks longer than FedEx or UPS).

Also, check to see if anyone in your area does urethane fascia welding. Not very popular since majority of body shops want to remove OEM, replace with new OEM, and paint, but repairing urethane can be done. Search YouTube for the video: Repairing Urethane Bumper Covers with an Airless Plastic Welder, or Google Urethane Bumper Repair. The question then would be is it cheaper to repair or replace.

As it becomes more and more difficult to locate or buy new fascias (OEM) I'm sure body shops will be have to begin thinking or turn to having the OEM repaired.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I have the RK Sport front bumper and side skirts. It is an easy install. If you have the GXP model, the only thing required to make it fit is to remove the styrofoam impact/support on the front metal frame part of the bumper. Once that is removed, it will fit. You may spend a few hours getting it to align just right with the hood and side fenders, but it will eventually fit. If you don't want to remove the styrofoam impact support piece, some people said you can shave it down and the bumper will still fit. I added some small metal washers underneath mine to push it up some after removing the styrofoam to get a much tighter fitment and smaller gaps.

You may also want to check ebay. I have seen several GXP front bumpers for sale and some even come pre-painted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks alot guy's. I am not sure exactly what I am going to do now, I love the way your car looks Red but it's really low and i am afraid I won't be able to put it in the garage... My car always stays in the garage! It's an 07 with 27k on it! Thanks again for the help!

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
I have no RK products. My only experience is indirectly through the forums and directly with a club member who replaced his hood with an RK hood. The hoods require a lot of work to make them fit acceptably. I would not choose to purchase one over a stock hood. Norm on the other hand produces products that fit well.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I have no RK products. My only experience is indirectly through the forums and directly with a club member who replaced his hood with an RK hood. The hoods require a lot of work to make them fit acceptably. I would not choose to purchase one over a stock hood. Norm on the other hand produces products that fit well.
Well he's taking about his bumper, not the hood. But yea, I hear the RK Sport hood sucks! It's supposed to be a nightmare to ling up and does not fit well at all.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Well he's taking about his bumper, not the hood. But yea, I hear the RK Sport hood sucks! It's supposed to be a nightmare to ling up and does not fit well at all.
I had no problems installing my RK Sport hood. Earlier RK hoods had issues but they must have improved the fit around 2009. See attached photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I had no problems installing my RK Sport hood. Earlier RK hoods had issues but they must have improved the fit around 2009. See attached photo.
That's good to know. An another note, Norm's front lip spoiler for the GXP actually sticks out even further than the RK Sport front bumper. So you could have issues with scraping on the front lower bottom.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I installed Norms front splitter on the GXP, the intercooler lip does jut out a couple inches further than the OEM, but is designed to slid right under the IC fascia. So basically its sticks out a little further than the OEM fascia but not to interfere with the intercooler air supply.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The RK Sport bumper fit my GXP pretty well and i have a huge Hahn Intercooler under there. You will have to trim (shave) the center section of the foam crush pad, or as RedDevil said, remove it. I had a hard time with the bumper hitting the center tip of the hood when it closes and/or touching the headlight lens on the inside corner on one side or another...however with a little trimming or mounting the center section and then stretching everything into place you should be able to do it, because the fit is very close and the bumper flexes. I will leave all of that worry to a body shop though as it is time to paint everything anyway.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
RK sport bumper

I also have the RK Sport bumper and it's easy to install but as far as getting it PERFECT it depends on how anal you are and what "perfect" means to you. I have been adjusting mine for a week now and it looks great to everyone else but me, because I know exactly where it's not fitting perfectly but I feel with a little more time and elbow grease I can make her perfect. Either way I think this bumper is 10 times better then the stock bumper, every part of the car looks aggressive and fast EXCEPT for the front end. I am happy I went with this bumper overall

sol 3.jpg

My sol.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts