Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning Solstice forum!

I would like to take this time to make all of you aware that we have a tenative release date of february 13th for our dual exit, stainless steel cat back exhaust system and at the same time we should have available the dual exit carbon fiber diffuser to match. We will also have the single exit carbon fiber diffuser out right at about the same time. Pre sale pricing is in effect for all three of these items and are as follows:

26091002 Dual cat back; Retail $495.95 Presale = $446.36

26012005 Dual exit C/F diffuser Presale = Over

26012004 Single exit C/F diffuser Presale = Over

RC

C/F diffusers are being Alpha test fitted as I type this (1-26-06) The pre-sale is over and we will be shipping these as soon as Feb 3rd. Also there will be an adjustment to the retail price as raw carbon fiber costs have once again gone up. Those who have pre-ordered will not be affected by the price increase. As of this message the Dual cat-backs are still on schedule.

RC

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Racecrafter said:
Good morning Solstice forum!

I would like to take this time to make all of you aware that we have a tenative release date of february 13th for our dual exit, stainless steel cat back exhaust system and at the same time we should have available the dual exit carbon fiber diffuser to match. We will also have the single exit carbon fiber diffuser out right at about the same time. Pre sale pricing is in effect for all three of these items and are as follows:

26091002 Dual cat back; Retail $495.95 Presale = $446.36

26012005 Dual exit C/F diffuser; Retail $325.95 Presale = $260.99

26012004 Single exit C/F diffuser; Retail $325.95 Presale = $260.99

RC
RC, Sounds Great! But, please explain what a diffuser is.

And, why is the single c/f and the dual c/f the same price. Please explain this too.

Thank you....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solstice62 said:
RC, Sounds Great! But, please explain what a diffuser is.

And, why is the single c/f and the dual c/f the same price. Please explain this too.

Thank you....
I/ we call it a diffuser being that it isn't really a rear valance. This is the lower, ceter section of the rear bumper that is blacked out on the Solstice also where the exhaust tip (or tips) exit under. Ours will be a replacement piece made from hand laid carbon fiber. So you will remove your stock "diffuser" and install ours right in its place.

The reason that the single and dual "diffusers" are the same price, is because they both use the same amount of material to manufacture.

RC

·
Premium Member
10,281 Posts
If you have pre-order a dual exit diffuser will you be charge the sale price, since at the time I placed the order last year the price was $325.00 plus shipping?.
Will the dual CatBack be from MagnaFlow or is it another manufacturer?.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RK Sport

LatinVenom said:
If you have pre-order a dual exit diffuser will you be charge the sale price, since at the time I placed the order last year the price was $325.00 plus shipping?.
Will the dual CatBack be from MagnaFlow or is it another manufacturer?.
I have retro'd everyones pricing to the pre-sale so your order is set.

The dual exhaust is designed by us and manufactured by our performance partners Magnaflow. Our dual is exclusively ours and the quality and warranty is exactly the same as Magnaflow's. (And it sounds gooooooooood :willy: )

RC

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
You might be getting a call from me next week I will just need to clean up my master card so there is room to pay for the full body kit and CF single diffuser

there is no other rear bumper in the works ?

·
Premium Member
10,281 Posts
Do you have pictures of the production dual CatBacks to post for us?.
Do you have sound clips of it?.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm all about hopping in on this early deal, but nothing on this site is seeming to work for me. I can't login because it says it is under construction. And I can't proceed to checkout because it asks me to login.

How long is this sale going to last?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here is a shot of the undercar with the MagnaFlow dual exhaust installed. This is an RKSport exclusive part:

The RKSport rear diffuser/fascia is shown below and IS PAINTABLE.

FYI-Our Pontiac GXP is similar in design and nearing finalization. The GXP product should be out in the near future along with publishable data ... for now we have to hold data until GM approval is reached.

Richard

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
btlfed1500 said:
Here is a shot of the undercar with the MagnaFlow dual exhaust installed. This is an RKSport exclusive part:

Our Pontiac GXP is similar in design and nearing finalization. The GXP product should be out in the near future along with publishable data ... for now we have to hold data until GM approval is reached.

The RKSport rear diffuser/fascia is shown below and IS PAINTABLE.

Richard
Okay... is the grill removable from this rear fascia? I know the front grills are removable and was hoping to get both these and the rear ones chromed. In your product, are they removeable? If not, are they removable on the GXP fascia?

Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
In the RKSport prototype we had at the shop, the mesh portion is not integrated into the fascia ... It would be wise to call them directly or to wait for their repsonse to be exact.

The OEM diffuser is a one piece molded product whereas the RKS piece is hand laid Carbon Fiber with the metal mesh insert.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mabrylm said:
I'm all about hopping in on this early deal, but nothing on this site is seeming to work for me. I can't login because it says it is under construction. And I can't proceed to checkout because it asks me to login.

How long is this sale going to last?
You have to log in as a guest buyer. The "My garage" log in will no longer be available.

RC

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Racecrafter said:
You have to log in as a guest buyer. The "My garage" log in will no longer be available.

RC
How long will this sale go on? You said it is preorder... does that mean we have until the first week of Feb?

Can you confirm or deny that the grill on the rear fascia is not integrated? I want to remove it to get it chromed.

Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
mabrylm said:
Okay... is the grill removable from this rear fascia? I know the front grills are removable and was hoping to get both these and the rear ones chromed. In your product, are they removeable? If not, are they removable on the GXP fascia?

Thanks
Traditionally all of our mesh grills in our composite parts are NOT removable. Though these have not been finalized I will see what is possible to do. Just FYI though, I can tell you that the mesh is aluminum and does not come colored.

Pre-sale will last until the parts are ready to ship. So at this point the first week in Feb will be the last week. I will keep you all posted.

RC

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
How long is the wait if I buy the body kit next week ? Will it ship out at the start at feb ? And how long would it take to ship to Ont, Canada ? thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
compression said:
How long is the wait if I buy the body kit next week ? Will it ship out at the start at feb ? And how long would it take to ship to Ont, Canada ? thanks
Check here for more info as this is the thread for the exhaust. http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10976

General truck freight to Ontario Canada is 6 business days give or take with customs.

RC

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Racecrafter said:
Traditionally all of our mesh grills in our composite parts are NOT removable. Though these have not been finalized I will see what is possible to do. Just FYI though, I can tell you that the mesh is aluminum and does not come colored.

Pre-sale will last until the parts are ready to ship. So at this point the first week in Feb will be the last week. I will keep you all posted.

RC
Okay, after talking to someone in the know, it appears that the grill on the rear fascia of the GM fascia is removable. Since I want to customize this rear grill, I will probably go with that one. Now... here is an important question... Will the dual exhaust fascia from the GXP fit on the base model solstice? If it does, will your dual exhaust match up with the GXP fascia?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts