Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
mabrylm said:
Okay, after talking to someone in the know, it appears that the grill on the rear fascia of the GM fascia is removable. Since I want to customize this rear grill, I will probably go with that one. Now... here is an important question... Will the dual exhaust fascia from the GXP fit on the base model solstice? If it does, will your dual exhaust match up with the GXP fascia?

Who are you speaking with??? The mesh grill is part of molded plastic in the 2006 Solstice diffuser. I have worked with a GXP first hand and the grill is infact 1 piece molded into the diffuser just as with the standard Solstice. Don't confuse the fact that the diffuser is separate from the bumper fascia as meaning the grill is removeable. I can't post any pictures of the development car but I can illustrate my point with some pictures from the auto show... I'll post up shortly.

The dual exhaust from the GXP is not the same as the Base Solstice. The exit locations are similar but not exact.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,330 Posts
One question;
Is the pipe from the converter included on this dual setup like on the original single, or is this system like the KappaSphere?.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,330 Posts
I went to see if you had sound clips of the actual dual setup, and it looks like is for the single only.
Could you or RKSport provide some sound clips of the duals.
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
btlfed1500 said:
Who are you speaking with??? The mesh grill is part of molded plastic in the 2006 Solstice diffuser. I have worked with a GXP first hand and the grill is infact 1 piece molded into the diffuser just as with the standard Solstice. Don't confuse the fact that the diffuser is separate from the bumper fascia as meaning the grill is removeable. I can't post any pictures of the development car but I can illustrate my point with some pictures from the auto show... I'll post up shortly.

The dual exhaust from the GXP is not the same as the Base Solstice. The exit locations are similar but not exact.
Wow, this ruins my day. I was really hoping to get the front and rear grills chromed. Well... is there any way to chrome by hand? I've seen other posts on this, but all talk about aluminum paint. No chroming.

I would really like to keep the honeycomb grill... but the RK sports one doesn't have this. So, I'm a little confused on your last statement. Could I fit a GXP rear fascia on my base sol? If so, would the RK Sport exhaust fit on this fascia?

Not trying to take money out of your pocket on the fascia thing... I would still really like to buy your dual exhaust. I would just like to keep the honeycomb if possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Exhaust Tips

Racecrafter said:
Good morning Solstice forum!

I would like to take this time to make all of you aware that we have a tenative release date of february 13th for our dual exit, stainless steel cat back exhaust system and at the same time we should have available the dual exit carbon fiber diffuser to match. We will also have the single exit carbon fiber diffuser out right at about the same time. Pre sale pricing is in effect for all three of these items and are as follows:

26091002 Dual cat back; Retail $495.95 Presale = $446.36

26012005 Dual exit C/F diffuser; Retail $325.95 Presale = $260.99

26012004 Single exit C/F diffuser; Retail $325.95 Presale = $260.99

RC
Are the chrome exhaust tips included in the cat-back dual system?? At your web-site the dual diffuser ad says requires modifacation! What mods are needed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
dogboy said:
Are the chrome exhaust tips included in the cat-back dual system?? At your web-site the dual diffuser ad says requires modifacation! What mods are needed?
The stock exhaust requires modification to utilize the dual configuration. The MagnaFlow cat-back will fit the RKSport Diffuser and OEM hanger locations with NO modification. The exhaust is a bolt-on product.

The tips are INCLUDED and are a mirror finish polished stainless steel NOT chrome plated steel which is suseptable rusting out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
btlfed1500 said:
The stock exhaust requires modification to utilize the dual configuration. The MagnaFlow cat-back will fit the RKSport Diffuser and OEM hanger locations with NO modification. The exhaust is a bolt-on product.

The tips are INCLUDED and are a mirror finish polished stainless steel NOT chrome plated steel which is suseptable rusting out.
I think he was asking whether installing the dual-output Diffuser requires modifications? That is, can the stock diffuser be interchanged with the RKSport one at any time? Also, is this a DIY project?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
448 Posts
Racecrafter,

What grade is the stainless steel that is used to make your exhaust? I am wondering how well it will hold up to the elaments and what kind of warenty do you offer with your dual Exhaust System?

Thanks,

Chef M.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
300 Austenitic / 400 Martensitic & Ferritic Series Stainless Steel. It is why we use the generic title - Stainless Steel.

Materials are used in accordance with what has proved to meet our standards for various parts of the exhaust system. No one grade SS material alone can provide for all the conditions an exhasut system will face.

- maliability / brittleness - Pipes need to be bent and the ability of a pipe to not only bend but MAINTAIN its shape without distortion is important in exhasut system development. Excessively hard (brittle) metals fall victim to stress fractures especially in welded joints in automobile applications. Aggitation testing is used to determine strength and resistance to fracture under normal road and engine enduced vibrations / harmonics.

-oxidation / corrosion - Components need to be able to resist structural failure due to enviromental conditions created by road and engine operation.

Some grades of material will be excessively brittle but provide better surface corrosion resistance. Others will provide excellent tensil strength or impact resistnace but fracture when welded or exposed to vibration. We have found that combining the strengths of each metal series where they fucntioned best provides to greatest result.

All MagnaFlow Stainless steel Cat-back parts have a LIFETIME WARRANTY should you ever suffer from any structural or workmanship realated problems. If it should break, form a leak, or develop any kind of rattle or noise .. you are covered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,468 Posts
btlfed1500,

I've located a local shop that is a Magnaflow dealer. Is the (single) exhaust avaible for order right now? If not, do you have an idea when it will be available?

Thanks!

--Chemist
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
471 Posts
I just spoke with my local distributor. MagNaflow has no parts in stock, no production time scheduled and nothing but a part # available. Very Frustrating to say the least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
RK Sport

Devil Dog said:
I just spoke with my local distributor. MagNaflow has no parts in stock, no production time scheduled and nothing but a part # available. Very Frustrating to say the least.
This is the number one reason why we hold a pre-sale for products that are coming out soon.

Order through us (RK Sport) and not only will you get a smokin' deal but also be one of the first in the country to have the RK Sport dual or Magnaflow's single.

Call my sales crew to get your order in before more pre-orders are taken assuring you an early delivery time.

Thanks, RC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
mabrylm said:
Okay... here is another question. Could/Will RK Sports design grills for the front of the Solstice to match the grill in their rear fascia? One suggestion from another user is here. If this was/is in the works, I would be ready to buy the dual exhaust/fascia!

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170468&postcount=1
I don't want to sound like a punk.... it matches our front fascia from our body kit. We have looked into doing the grill replacements but nothing has been drawn up at this time. Possibly in the future if demand for such product comes about.

RC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
I would definitely buy a recessed front grill!!

- bspate -
 
21 - 40 of 78 Posts
Top