Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Bump

Would anybody else like to purchase inset grills if some were developed? Would anybody be interested in grills that matched the grills on the RK Sport rear fascia? I know not all of us want to replace the front fascia, but would still like inset grills. Here is an example of what inset grills would look like





These will be developed if there is a demand. So... if you are interested and haven't posted here yet, now is the time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Inset Grille

I'm in for anything that will get rid of the honeycomb. Any possibility of a vertical bar billet aluminum number? :cool:
 

·
AKA SolWhat?
Joined
·
10,219 Posts
mabrylm said:
Would anybody else like to purchase inset grills if some were developed? Would anybody be interested in grills that matched the grills on the RK Sport rear fascia? I know not all of us want to replace the front fascia, but would still like inset grills.

These will be developed if there is a demand. So... if you are interested and haven't posted here yet, now is the time!
Before we get all excited about inset grills, look closely at all the stuff that is immediately behind the stock grills. It seems to me that it would be mighty tough to inset the grilles without modifying the stuff behind the existing grills or providing a new front facia. JMHO.

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
SolWhat? said:
Before we get all excited about inset grills, look closely at all the stuff that is immediately behind the stock grills. It seems to me that it would be mighty tough to inset the grilles without modifying the stuff behind the existing grills or providing a new front facia. JMHO.

.
Don't have a car yet, but I will take your word for it. Still would like to see grill inserts that will match the RK Sport rear fascia. While I am not metrosexual in the least... I can't picture the front and rear grills not matching.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
RK Sport front grills

As of our production meeting yesterday, we are looking into making recessed grills with a C/F bezel and mesh to match our rear diffusser. The key word to this is "looking into".

When we schedule prototyping this forum will be the first to know.

RC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
Racecrafter said:
As of our production meeting yesterday, we are looking into making recessed grills with a C/F bezel and mesh to match our rear diffusser. The key word to this is "looking into".

When we schedule prototyping this forum will be the first to know.

RC
Sweet! please do!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
SolWhat? said:
Before we get all excited about inset grills, look closely at all the stuff that is immediately behind the stock grills. It seems to me that it would be mighty tough to inset the grilles without modifying the stuff behind the existing grills or providing a new front facia. JMHO.

.
once you get the front end of all you need to do is remove the foam bumper cover and then you have about 2 inches to the bumper, in order to pull this off you need to scotch brite the aluminum bumper and paint it flat black, voila plenty of space:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Racecrafter said:
As of our production meeting yesterday, we are looking into making recessed grills with a C/F bezel and mesh to match our rear diffusser. The key word to this is "looking into".

When we schedule prototyping this forum will be the first to know.

RC
All is right in the world. I will sleep well tonight!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
mabrylm said:
Don't have a car yet, but I will take your word for it. Still would like to see grill inserts that will match the RK Sport rear fascia. While I am not metrosexual in the least... I can't picture the front and rear grills not matching.
:agree:

Metrosexual.........Sex in the City?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
I would order the recessed front grille if no major mods are needed and if it would match the rear dual grille.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
:agree: Me too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
RidgeRunner said:
:agree:

Metrosexual.........Sex in the City?????
No, South Park.

I'm excited. If this goes through, I am definately getting the dual exhaust, rear fascia, and front grills as my first "major" mods. Curious to see if Devil Dog can chrome these items if they are produced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Sorry to double post, but I just heard a rumor that I hoped could be confirmed.

Clear Image Automotive (CIA) told me that RK Sports is planning to offer their rear fascia with an option to have the grill portion chromed. Is this true? If so, what is the procedure going to be? Will it be similar to CIA's or will it be different?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
mabrylm said:
Sorry to double post, but I just heard a rumor that I hoped could be confirmed.

Clear Image Automotive (CIA) told me that RK Sports is planning to offer their rear fascia with an option to have the grill portion chromed. Is this true? If so, what is the procedure going to be? Will it be similar to CIA's or will it be different?
Boy the cat runs fast and far when let out of the bag!

Yes we are looking into having the grill portion chromed on our diffusers as well as the front grills. This will be a traditional 3 step chrome process.

RC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Racecrafter said:
Boy the cat runs fast and far when let out of the bag!

Yes we are looking into having the grill portion chromed on our diffusers as well as the front grills. This will be a traditional 3 step chrome process.

RC
Hope I didn't get anyone in trouble on this one. This is great that you are offering it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Bump...

I am ready to order the fascia and the dual exhaust once we get further word on the front grill inserts. Are they happening?

I'm struggling here. I'm watching all the preorder sales go away because I don't want to buy a rear fascia without a matching front grill...
 
41 - 60 of 78 Posts
Top