Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
I don't remember if this has been asked or not (I have a hard enough time keeping track of my 6300+ posts let alone everyone elses :D) but are you guys planning on a non-CF dual rear fascia?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
brentil said:
I don't remember if this has been asked or not (I have a hard enough time keeping track of my 6300+ posts let alone everyone elses :D) but are you guys planning on a non-CF dual rear fascia?
We have talked about it because of the scarce availability of carbon fiber as of late.

Nothing set for production.

RC
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Racecrafter said:
We have talked about it because of the scarce availability of carbon fiber as of late.

Nothing set for production.

RC
My main interest in a non-CF is because I'm not sure if the SCCA would view it as a "weight saving" item instead of a "visual accessory" which the first is not permitted in Stock classification. However it might all be moot still, trying to find out if I can go from a single outlet to dual outlet with the dual outlet valence and still stay Stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Bump. Racecrafter... any further word on front grill inserts that will match your rear valence? I hate to have a dual exhaust sit idle in the garage until I can find a front that will match the back for a dual exhaust! Please help!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,656 Posts
Your website shows the "Pontiac Solstice Cat-Back Exhaust System" single tip has a retail price of $623.47. And you state the retail price of this dual-tip Cat-Back is $495.95. Why is the dual cheaper than the single?

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
gizmo2004 said:
Your website shows the "Pontiac Solstice Cat-Back Exhaust System" single tip has a retail price of $623.47. And you state the retail price of this dual-tip Cat-Back is $495.95. Why is the dual cheaper than the single?

.
The single is Magnaflows system and we have to abide by their Minimum Advertised Price policy (although that is their "list" price, I will have that changed) The dual system is ours and we have a lower list price than the Magnaflow unit.

RC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Bump.

Couple of questions for our vendors:
1. When will delivery of the dual exhausts begin?
2. Did you ever make the recording of the dual that we can hear?
3. You mentioned other materials for the dual rear fascia (other than carbon fiber). Any movement on this or did this die out?
4. Chromed grills for the rear fascia was discussed (with Devil Dog). Any movement on this or are you still only selling in black?
5. Any further plans for replacement grills for the front to match the grill for your rear fascia?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Dual Exhaust and C/F diffuser update 3-16-06

The RK Sport Solstice dual exhaust cat backs are now here and in stock!!!!

Shipping is pulling orders and they are leaving our docks starting today.

The dual diffusers have been beta tested and are being polished up and boxed today as well those will start shipping tomorrow.

RC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Racecrafter said:
The RK Sport Solstice dual exhaust cat backs are now here and in stock!!!!

Shipping is pulling orders and they are leaving our docks starting today.

The dual diffusers have been beta tested and are being polished up and boxed today as well those will start shipping tomorrow.

RC
Racecrafter, any ideas on these questions?

2. Did you ever make the recording of the dual that we can hear?
3. You mentioned other materials for the dual rear fascia (other than carbon fiber). Any movement on this or did this die out?
4. Chromed grills for the rear fascia was discussed (with Devil Dog). Any movement on this or are you still only selling in black?
5. Any further plans for replacement grills for the front to match the grill for your rear fascia?

Thanks!
Lance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Questions answered

mabrylm said:
Racecrafter, any ideas on these questions?

2. Did you ever make the recording of the dual that we can hear? No we haven't
3. You mentioned other materials for the dual rear fascia (other than carbon fiber). Any movement on this or did this die out? Still Carbon only
4. Chromed grills for the rear fascia was discussed (with Devil Dog). Any movement on this or are you still only selling in black? No chrome. Only two people out of hundreds that purchased were interested.
5. Any further plans for replacement grills for the front to match the grill for your rear fascia? We have so many new things going on. I will gauge interest in a month when we get caught up.

RC

Thanks!
Lance
RC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Looks good.....my aggressive wants dual exhaust

Here is a shot of the undercar with the MagnaFlow dual exhaust installed. This is an RKSport exclusive part:



The RKSport rear diffuser/fascia is shown below and IS PAINTABLE.



FYI-Our Pontiac GXP is similar in design and nearing finalization. The GXP product should be out in the near future along with publishable data ... for now we have to hold data until GM approval is reached.

Richard
Can't wait to buy and put on my red head.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,282 Posts
I have the RKSport Carbon Fiber difuser brand new never use in the for sale section, if you are interested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,721 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the RKSport diffuser on a red car?
This is mine they used on their web site. It's red. I liked it. I now own a black GXP and plan on getting it again one day.


 
61 - 78 of 78 Posts
Top