Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 gxp has a gray box bolted to the rear interior panel,I believe it is for the remote entry.My questions here are can I program a remote start myself from this or does it have to be done at the dealer? Looking at that the vin number how can I get the information as to when made and serial # for what production run it was?I am also reasonably sure that if I need a key for this vehicle I will need to get it cut and then programmed by the dealer,is that correct?Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
7,514 Posts
You are correct that programming the the key or the RKE is a dealer-only operation.

There was no "remote start" option.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My 2007 gxp has a gray box bolted to the rear interior panel,I believe it is for the remote entry.My questions here are can I program a remote start myself from this or does it have to be done at the dealer? Looking at that the vin number how can I get the information as to when made and serial # for what production run it was?I am also reasonably sure that if I need a key for this vehicle I will need to get it cut and then programmed by the dealer,is that correct?Thanks guys

You are correct that the key fobs must programmed by the dealership per owner's manual page 63. I also checked the manual to see if there a keyless start but did not find any instructions. If you have any product questions, I can check the VIN# to see if was an OEM feature. Please drop me a PM if you have any questions/concerns. I hope all is well.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

·
Registered
7,149 Posts
As JR said, no remote start, and Helios (I think) did a major mod to add push-button start - which requires a lot of the same solutions that remote start would. He found it a MAJOR pain and I don't think he got everything working nicely in the end. Anyway I do know that he said he'd never try it again.

UPDATE: Found his thread: http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=4438.0

1 - 4 of 4 Posts