Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RMSSC will travel to Albuquerque on Thur Sept 6th

Fri Sept 7th - Shops of Old Town- Free Day / Dinner @ El Pinto

Sat Sept 8th Breakfast @ Tony & Sandy's house (New Mexico Roadsters), Rte 14 Ice Cream Shop, Cruise the Sandia Scenic Byway to Madrid & Santa Fe returning to Albuquerque for Dinner

Sun Sept 9th- return home.

Hotels- Choose your own. {Rob the Elder staying at Residence Inn Albuquerque North, whitefang at Drury Inn and Suites - Albuquerque, others near by}

Come Join Us!

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Updated Attendance List & More

RMSSC-Albuquerque Crest Cruise Sept6-9,2012

Sat Sept 8th Breakfast @ Tony & Sandy's house (New Mexico Roadsters), Rte 14 Ice Cream Shop, Cruise the Sandia Scenic Byway to Madrid & Santa Fe returning to Albuquerque for Dinner at John Reynolds house.

Hotels- Choose your own. {Rob the Elder staying at Residence Inn Albuquerque North, other hotels near by}

Come Join Us!

Yes, Attending
Rob Coach-2
John Eiler-2
Tony & Sandy Rael-2
Neo-Sky-1
Alan Logsdon-2
John & Patti Reynolds-2
Barbra Kerl-1
numbers-2
Augie & Shirley-2
Tammie McElhaney-1
RX4theSol-2

Maybe Attending
Skip Prince-2
Lynn Briggs-1
night tamer-2

John Reynolds will be having dinner at his house on Saturday night he is a new member of our little club here, he recently moved here from Seattle Wash.

You can register on the Rocky Mountain Solstice Sky Club/ Denver Roadsters website : http://www.denverroadsters.com/index.php?option=com_attend_events&task=view&id=22

Or on the Rocky Mountain Solstice Sky FaceBook Group page

Or Post Here

·
Registered
15 Posts
Patti and I are looking forward to meeting the old friends and new ones. Everyone is welcome to our home and we are excited about hosting the group on the 8th for some burgers and dogs for dinner. Wont be fancy but you will head back to the hotel full and smiling. We cant wait to see everyone.

God bless
John and Patti

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10 cars going! Glad to see so many are joining with the RMSSC members and the NM Roadsters for this event!
:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
RMSSC-Albuquerque Crest Cruise Sept6-9,2012

Sat Sept 8th Breakfast @ Tony & Sandy's house (New Mexico Roadsters), Rte 14 Ice Cream Shop, Cruise the Sandia Scenic Byway to Madrid & Santa Fe returning to Albuquerque for Dinner at John Reynolds house.

Hotels- Choose your own. {Rob the Elder staying at Residence Inn Albuquerque North, other hotels near by}

Come Join Us!

Yes, Attending
Rob Coach-2
John Eiler-2
Tony & Sandy Rael-2
Neo-Sky-1
Alan Logsdon-2
John & Patti Reynolds-2
Barbra Kerl-1
numbers-2
Augie & Shirley-2
Tammie McElhaney-1

Maybe Attending
Skip Prince-2
Lynn Briggs-1
night tamer-2

John Reynolds will be having dinner at his house on Saturday night he is a new member of our little club here, he recently moved here from Seattle Wash.

You can register on the Rocky Mountain Solstice Sky Club/ Denver Roadsters website : http://www.denverroadsters.com/index.php?option=com_attend_events&task=view&id=22

Or on the Rocky Mountain Solstice Sky FaceBook Group page

Or Post Here
I haven't registered yet but I plan on attending at least the drive part on Saturday. This will be my first Solstice Run and I am very excited to be a part of the fun. I just need to finalize my work schedule then I will confirm. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Rx4theSol. aka John G. Las Cruces NM

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Great News!

Glad you can make it, Sat's Crest Cruise will start from Tony ans Sandi's house. Got ya registered for Fri Dinner and All day Sat events

·
Super Moderator
15,997 Posts
Ok,
We need to talk here. As the organizer of this trip, my objective was to
1 visit with Tony and Sandra
2 have a relaxing weekend
3 do some shopping and sight seeing in Old Town
4 maybe go on a local cruise to see the sights

But somehow the whole thing has gotten out of hand

My plan was and remains to drive down with the club members who wish to travel together, get to the hotel then go out to dinner with Sandra and Tony. Last time I checked with Tony, the group of "others" has grown beyond the capacity of the restaurant to seat us together. That means more than 20 for dinner.

We do NOT have any formal cruises planned. When I talked with Tony, I suggested that we would like to do a cruise, but my plan is to get together and discuss possibilities and reach a consensus on where, when and who wants to do what when. This is not some kind of event

If John and others want to plan on some kind of major event, cool. Have at it. But it's your plan not mine.
I'm on vacation and want to relax and have a good time not spend my time trying to coordinate an "event"

I am not discouraging participation, but wanted to clear the air.

If you are signing up for an event, do it with John, not me. In going to give Punisher a road test and visit friends.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
795 Posts

Sat Sept 8th Breakfast @ Tony & Sandy's house (New Mexico Roadsters), Rte 14 Ice Cream Shop, Cruise the Sandia Scenic Byway to Madrid & Santa Fe returning to Albuquerque for Dinner

Hotels- Choose your own. {Rob the Elder staying at Residence Inn Albuquerque North, whitefang at Drury Inn and Suites - Albuquerque, others near by}

Come Join Us!
Ok,
We need to talk here. As the organizer of this trip, my objective was to
1 visit with Tony and Sandra
2 have a relaxing weekend
3 do some shopping and sight seeing in Old Town
4 maybe go on a local cruise to see the sights

But somehow the whole thing has gotten out of hand

My plan was and remains to drive down with the club members who wish to travel together, get to the hotel then go out to dinner with Sandra and Tony. Last time I checked with Tony, the group of "others" has grown beyond the capacity of the restaurant to seat us together. That means more than 20 for dinner.

We do NOT have any formal cruises planned. When I talked with Tony, I suggested that we would like to do a cruise, but my plan is to get together and discuss possibilities and reach a consensus on where, when and who wants to do what when. This is not some kind of event

If John and others want to plan on some kind of major event, cool. Have at it. But it's your plan not mine.
I'm on vacation and want to relax and have a good time not spend my time trying to coordinate an "event"

I am not discouraging participation, but wanted to clear the air.

If you are signing up for an event, do it with John, not me. In going to give Punisher a road test and visit friends.

Thanks
Well I do have a few questions then just to "clear the air." First, if you are the organizer then why is this the first time that you have posted in this thread? To me it seems like white fang has been the primary coordinator of this. Second, it seems like the person who has actually been planning this trip actually has planned a "formal cruise" as indicated by the bold red.

Truth be told your goal of "clearing the air" has actually done quite the opposite. :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
15,997 Posts
I am trying to avoid hurting anyone’s feelings here or causing more problems.

We had a great time when we went to the Balloon fest last year and during that weekend we talked with Tony and Sandra about having a trip down this year to visit and have some fun. Do old town, eat some good food, do a little bench racing and maybe do a local cruise or two. Low key, fun time. Tony agreed that it would be nice to see each other and said he would host dinner at his house when we came.

I put it on the RMSSC calendar and as per usual posted basic info on the schedule.

Then I was surprised to see John’s post on the forum but thought, well ok if John wants to set up an event for Saturday I don’t mind. I like it when people take their own initiative. I was a little surprised that he had not coordinated with me, but I assumed that he was talking with Tony or someone there and let it go.

But over time, the “event” has gotten kind of out of hand. Tony and Sandra are not in a position to run an event. I am NOT going to run an event. We just want to relax and have some fun with friends.

When I got the email from Tony that said that the dinner reservations had exceeded 20 it became clear that there was a problem. So I decided to come to this thread and try to clear the air.

Tony is a very friendly polite guy. He is doing everything he can to accommodate people, but he did not sign up to host a big group. I am just saying that if there is an “event” it is up to John to plan, coordinate and lead not Tony or myself. We will be having fun and may choose to go along or may not. Our plan is to not have a plan.

I love events, and we will be having at least one large event next year. But this weekend is getting out of hand.

There is also a legal liability aspect to an "event". The people conducting an event assume responsibility for the safety of the group. By leading an event, they make themselves legally liable for the outcome. Many people have been embroiled in lawsuits for decades over similar events that have gone wrong.

I am by this separating myself from the leadership or responsibility for any event. I am also separating Tony and Sandra from any responsibility.

If John wants to conduct and lead an event, that is great. I think it’s wonderful.

I just want to be clear that this is not my event nor Tony's event.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,997 Posts
Update
I have discussed this with Tony.
Unless he or I have invited you to attend already, please contact him directly before you show up for dinner. he has limited resources and space and needs to know that he has enough of both.

This does not include John event, just the dinner at Tony's house.

Thanks

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Canceled!

This EVENT is Canceled. Only those invited by Rob or Tony may attend!

John does NOT have an event! This was supposed to be a CLUB event.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Truth be told, I don't like Rob the self proclaimed God of Kappa or Tony so I withdraw my attendance. I would rather spend the day pulling my toenails out anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah kinda glad its canceled also! I wouldn't be able to make it in the Sky anyways and I'm sure you guys wouldn't allow my Cobalt either. Good luck

·
Super Moderator
15,997 Posts
Thanks John

I believe this was a result of people using Facebook to do what was thought to be a good thing but it got a little out of hand.

Alan,
Sorry for you. Glad you have something constructive to do .:devil:

·
Super Moderator
15,997 Posts
Several of us are going. John established an event over on Facebook that turned into an official event. The club is still going and John is free to hold an event. They are just separate and Tony is not hosting an event. A few of us are going to meet up with Tony as we had planned previously.

Facebook has a way of getting out of control :thumbs:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts