Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the December issue of Road & Track, there is an article of "head to head" comparision between the two. I am attempting to attach jpegs of the articles for everyone to see.

[edit- thanks for the info fFormula88]

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Are the Jpegs on your computer? Upload them to www.putfile.com then take the link of each jpeg and put them in a post on this forum. Surround the link with img tags. It will look like this...

That should show them right in this thread.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay so it's not what I expected to happen but I think the link works...

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Solstice Lover said:
okay so it's not what I expected to happen but I think the link works...
I edited your post to get them to work. I left your original try at IMG tags too so you can compare them with the ones that worked. Just click "edit" on your post to see the differences.

Two things needed changing. One, you don't want the space between the img tag and the url. I know, I should have said so. My bad!

Second, you had the url address of the whole putfile page. You needed just the address of the jpeg image. I think it gives you that address when you upload, but if it doesn't you can get it by right clicking on the image while on the putfile site. That is how I got them!

Thanks for sharing them!!

·
2,574 Posts
What bull. So they get a Miata guy (he admits from the day they were introduced) to make the comparison, and he favors it in every comparison. The Sky might be his modern day concept car but I couldn't dissagree more about his charactarization of the Sol. Dead wrong. I'm so upset by this biased review that I am going to detox by reading 100 of LBJAY's posts in a row without a break! :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
birdliver said:
What bull. So they get a Miata guy (he admits from the day they were introduced) to make the comparison, and he favors it in every comparison. The Sky might be his modern day concept car but I couldn't dissagree more about his charactarization of the Sol. Dead wrong. I'm so upset by this biased review that I am going to detox by reading 100 of LBJAY's posts in a row without a break! :lol:
:glol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
birdliver said:
And not much in the way of drivers they have testing, either. If you compare R&T times of 6.9 and 7.0 seconds 0-60 for MX-5 and Solstice respecttively to MT's times of 6.6 and 6.7, I'll bet on Angus MacKenzie and Matt Stone over R&T's aging fleet of test drivers. If I were Pontiac I would certainly be advertising the 6.7 number all over the place since it is a full half secodn better than their previous claims.

My R&T just came today so I will be reading it in a few minutes but I wonder if the Mazda supplied to them was upscale suspension (not engine) like the one MT had. A truer showing would be to have a Sol with the factory cold air and cat-back and lowered suspension have a crack at the MX-5.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
This guy is a Libra? I'm ashamed to be a Libra.

Fair and balanced?......yea, like Fox news!

There not competitors?......right! Ask Mazda if they think the Solstice is a competitor.

I do believe it is a matter of taste. In my case, it's also a matter of fit.

One thing this guy has inspired me to do is go check one out.

I don't know if the MX-5 is substancially bigger inside than previous models. If it isn't, I'd like to know why none of these reviews have stated the greater interior room of the Solstice.

As far as the trunk is concerned, neither is large enough to make it your only car.

I'm not saying the MX-5 is a bad car. 15 years of evolution have made it much better than the first year Miata.

The MX-5 could have the performance of a Boxster and if its as small as the previous Miatas then its end of story.

I loved the Lotus John Player Special. My size 13 feet had a different opinion.

Hey if you're 5' something, congratulations, YOU have a choice.

This was the first car I've ever bought without sitting in it. If it weren't for the fact that Bob Lutz and I were the same height, I would have gotten a Mini convertible. If when I got it, if it wasn't comfortable, I would have been listing it on e bay and apologizing to you all.

Frankly I don't care what anyone writes about this car. Its me that matters......its me that loves my car.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Bravo, Marco. MT did mention the greater interior room, both leg (although numbers don't show it) and shoulder/hip as well as more headroom with top up. Widetrack does make a difference. And give the Solstice 15 years evolution and 3 versions later and then...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
stang said:
Hey, they are fair, balanced, and unafraid. Brit Hume is the man! :cool:
Their balancing, in comparison to the communist network news!

Lately, I've had it with all news. They seem to be producing it rather than reporting it.

·
4,592 Posts
Another great review :thumbs:

;)

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Marco said:
Their balancing, in comparison to the communist network news!

Lately, I've had it with all news. They seem to be producing it rather than reporting it.
communist network news :lol: You got that right!

I only watch Special Report w/ Brit Hume now. I too have come to the conclusion that most news it made up rather than reported. His show is the only one that reports. Plus, I have better things to do than sit around and listen to what other people did around the world. I have Solstice Forum. :D

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Could they have found a more biased reviewer? He starts the piece admitting to his Miata roots. I dunno about everyone else, but that spoiled it right away for me. It screamed "Miata homer" and not "Unbiased automotive journalist." He did try to stay fairly unbiased.

Anyone else get the feeling he didn't do much driving behind the wheel? He seems to be evaluating them on interiors, trunk, dimensions, acceleration, but not much on ride or handling.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Could they have found a more biased reviewer? He starts the piece admitting to his Miata roots. I dunno about everyone else, but that spoiled it right away for me. It screamed "Miata homer" and not "Unbiased automotive journalist." He did try to stay fairly unbiased.

Anyone else get the feeling he didn't do much driving behind the wheel? He seems to be evaluating them on interiors, trunk, dimensions, acceleration, but not much on ride or handling.
:agree:

·
Registered
363 Posts
birdliver said:

Man this guy that does the comparison sounds like Rodeo, yall reckon it coulda been..

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Marco
I do believe it is a matter of taste.
Definitely, and if you get the Mazda you have none. ;)
Has anyone else noticed that in the pics and videos the Mazda looks like it's ready to roll over, and the Sol is taking the turns like a sports car?

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Editguy said:
Has anyone else noticed that in the pics and videos the Mazda looks like it's ready to roll over, and the Sol is taking the turns like a sports car?
:yesnod: Somehow they say that makes it "more predictable". I guess, since they were able to "predict" that they were going to roll over if they went any faster. :lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts